Chapter 3: No Practice?

Derek's POV:
I can't believe she said yes. But we are just friends. Nothing more. But I really want to be more than friends. But we just met so I want to start off slow. I don't even know if she likes me. I'm such an idiot.

It was around 12 o'clock when I decided to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a ice cold glass of milk. After that, I took a hot shower and put my clothes on.

Bethany's POV:
I can't believe he asked me out. But I don't know if it's a date or not. I'm not going to say anything to him though because I don't want it to be awkard.

I decided to pick out what I was going to wear tonight. I needed to look hot to get his attention. So I layed a floral crop top with some white high waisted shorts and a cream sweater on my bed and hopped in the shower.

*Bethany gets a text at 2:30 PM from Derek*

*hey Beth. I was thinking. we should just skip practice and go get pizza. one practice wont kill us. what do you think?*

*okay. that's fine with me :)*

*want me to pick you up at 4:00?*

*okay.*

Omg! I'm actually thinking that this is a date. I was elated when he texted me that! He's so sexy. I want to be more than friends.

A little while later, I put on my casual light brown combat boots. My hair I did simple. It was naturally wavy, so I threw on a purple beanie. I just sat in my living room and watched my favorite show, "Chopped", until he picked me up.

Derek's POV:
I NEEDED TO LOOK AMAZING TO IMPRESS HER.. So a button-up shirt and jeans was perfect. I put on my work boots and threw on a leather jacket. I hopped in my car and went to go pick her up.

*hey Beth. I'm outside :)*

*okay. be out in a sec*

She came out a minute later and looked amazing. My mouth couldn't help and drop all the way to the floor. I got out of the car and gave her a hug. I opened the door to let her in and shut it.

"Hey Bethany. You look great."

"Aw! Thank you Derek! You too!" She smiled softly at me.