Chapter 9: Our First Dance

*It's Monday, the day Dancing With the Stars airs on T.V.*

Bethany's POV:
Today was the day. Derek and I's first dance on "Dancing With the Stars." We had practiced the Jive for a whole week. We practiced at 4:00 everyday and for 3 hours straight. It was tough, but I know it's all worth it in the end.

Derek told me to be at the arena at 3 o'clock so we could get ready and practice one last time. So I made sure I woke up early, ate a good breakfast, and took a shower. It was about 12:30 after everything I did, so I ate a nice turkey, cheese, and mayo sandwich with a glass of iced tea. I then waited for 3 o'clock to come.

*It is almost 3:00*

Derek's POV:
It was about 2:45, and I decided to text Bethany.

*hey Bethany. Do you want me to pick you up?*

A few minutes later, she responded.

*that would be great. I'm so nervous..*

*dont be nervous. your going to do so good.*

At 2:50, I went to pick her up. When I arrived at her house, she came out her door and into the car. As I was driving, she started to talk.

"Derek.. I'm so nervous.."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because.. This is such a new experience for me.. I don't want to mess up.."

"Bethany, you can't say your going to mess up. You need to have courage." I explained to her, holding her hand as I drove. A few minutes later, we arrived at the arena. We walked in.

"Follow me." I ordered, leading her by holding her hand. I walked her to her dressing room and told her to start getting ready.

"Meet Priscilla Gold and Rory Smith. These are our 'Dancing With the Stars' makeup women. They will also help you with your hair and any outfit touches. Text me when your done, and then I will come and get you."

"Okay. Thanks Derek." She smiled a fake smile. I could tell she was really nervous. I then walked to my dressing room and got ready as well.

About 25 minutes later, I got a text from Bethany.

*im all ready.*

As soon as I walked out, the Papparazzi came as quick as a lighting bolt.

"DEREK THIS! DEREK THAT?"

All I could hear was the snapping of the camera's. So, I walked right past them. I got to Bethany's dressing room alive. Thank god.

"It's time to practice one last time." I smiled and put the thumbs up to her. She giggled. I guided her to the practice room and we then started practicing.

"Derek.. Stop for a second."

"What's wrong?"

She kissed me and pushed me against the wall. No one could see us, so we continued. I sat down and she sat on my lap. We let go.

"I love you Derek."

I couldn't believe it. She loved me? Wow.

"I love you too Bethany."

*a few hours later*

Bethany's POV:
It was dance time. Oh gosh. I hoped for the best and went for it.

*they danced there Jive and got there scores*

We ended up doing great! All 9's. A 36/40 wasn't bad at all. But when we were dancing, I felt chemistry. I never felt that way before for anyone. I loved him.