Prologue

Prologue

Nalani

Hawaii. The place I grew up. The most important place in my life is Hawaii. I was born there, my family is there, my friends are there. My parents were amazing; it was nice living in paradise. But, my father was transferred to another branch of the company. My sophomore year of high school was in New York, which was too cold, the people were cruel, and everything was just uncomfortable. Now it’s my freshman year of college, still in New York, but I’m going back to Hawaii whether my overprotective parents (who won’t let me live on campus, only at home) like it or not. The only things I like about the stupid town, Albany, is the art class at my school and my beautiful garden in my backyard. By the time my Spring Beauties are blossomed, I’ll be long gone to my homeland.

Hayden

Living in a home with just a dad in the cruel streets of New York was a horrible upbringing. I still remember the day my mom left. She left looking me dead in my eyes swiftly saying, “Life will be better without me.” She walked out the house without a hug or I love you. My dad could never find her; she was never to be seen again. I never learned much about love or relationships or how to treat a girl or even having stable relationships. My dad blamed me for this for the rest of my life, leaving me out in the cold to fend for myself by 16. One day someone will love me…