Chapter 5 - I Need You!

Lily's P.O.V.

I stopped by Paul's house to talk to him. "Paul? You home?" I asked. I looked around until I saw him laying in a pool of blood.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!" I yelled. I ran over to Paul and cradled him into my arms. He looks at me with his half open eyes. "Paul, how could you do this to yourself?!" I asked worriedly. "You refused to give me another chance. Without you, my life... is no longer... worth living." Said Paul as he slowly closed his eyes.

"No!! I never meant to hurt you!!! Paul, I'm sorry! Don't die!!" I cried. But it was too late. Paul was dead. He killed himself after I regrettably refused to make amends with him.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I jolted awake and began breathing heavily. What a nightmare! I dreamt about Madame Pomreeda's prediction of the future if I didn't consider giving Paul a second chance. "I have to set things right! I know I do!" I said out loud. I went back to sleep after moments of thinking.

Paul's P.O.V.

I was fiddling with my bass in the studio the next day until George came up to me. "Hey, Paul. Any luck winning Lily back?" He asked. "Not yet, George." I said. "Well, you know, I have a little something that'll help you." Said George. "What's that?" I asked. "I wrote this song recently. I'm gonna hold off on recording it, but you can borrow it to help you win Lily back, if you want to, that is." George said.

I looked over the lyrics to George's song. "Wow! These are perfect! I'll give it a go after we're done for the day!" I said. "Great idea! I believe in you, mate!" Said George.

Lily's P.O.V.

I'm in the living room, reading a book until I hear a knock on the door. I walked over to answer it, and of course it's Paul. "I'm sorry to keep bothering you, love. But I really need you to hear this." He said. "Alright, make it quick." I said.

Paul enters with his guitar case. He takes his guitar out and tunes it before singing.

You don't realize how much I need you
Love you all the time
And never leave you

Please come on back to me
I'm lonely as can be
I need you

Said you had a thing or two to tell me
How was I to know
You would upset me?

I didn't realize
As I looked in your eyes
You told me

Oh yes, you told me you don't want my lovin' anymore
That's when it hurt me and feeling like this
I just can't go on anymore

Please remember how I feel about you
I could never really live without you

So, come on back and see
Just what you mean to me
I need you

But when you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore
That's when it hurt me and feeling like this
I just can't go on anymore

Please remember how I feel about you
I could never really live without you

So, come on back and see
Just what you mean to me
I need you

I need you
I need you

I stared wide eyed at Paul. "Another song about wanting me back?!" I asked in shock. "It's not mine, it's George's. He let me borrow to help me win you back. And it's once again true! I need you, Lily!" Said Paul.

"Paul, I told you I haven't decided yet!" I said harshly. Paul was taken aback by my attitude. He stares at me with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, it's really complicated, that's all." I said. "I totally get it. I'm just a little nervous about what you're deciding. I won't bother you again, until you're ready to tell me your decision." Paul said.

"We can still be friends for now, right?" I asked. "Of course. Friends now, lovers later." Said Paul. "I'm glad you understand." I said. "I do. I once again apologize for being so needy. Being away from you for two years just made me feel... alone." Paul said. He walks to the door slowly and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I had no idea." I said. "It doesn't matter now. Goodbye, Lily." Said Paul as he exits my house. Things are starting to get more complicated than ever.