Chapter 4 - Please Take Me Back!

Lily's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day after a sleepless night. My brain wouldn't turn off after I visited Madame Pomreeda. The biggest thing that won't stop haunting me is the prediction of the future. Paul might end up killing himself if I don't fix our relationship and give him a second chance. Maybe Madame Pomreeda's right. I should consider taking Paul back. But I'll do it when the time is right.

I needed to clear my head. So I decided to step outside for air. It always helps whenever I have to take my mind off of things. While I was collecting my thoughts, I spotted Paul sitting by the lake near my house, with his guitar. Part of me wants to walk up to him, but another part of me wants to stay put and ignore him. I then began to hear Madame Pomreeda and Esmeralda's voices in my head.

I think you need to give him another chance. He sounds like he really needs you.

Paul's broken heart won't be fixed unless you hear him out.

They're right! I stood up and walked right over to Paul. When he sees me, a smile appears on his face. "Lily!! I was beginning to think you forgot about me!" He said. "Hi, Paul. I just wanted to... ask you if you've written any more songs." I said hesitantly. "I'm glad you asked. Although I didn't write it alone, John helped. However, this song is gonna be kept to myself for a little while. I'm not ready to record it yet." Said Paul. "Can I hear it, though?" I asked. "Sure you can, love." Paul said.

When he called me that, I felt my heart skip a beat. I missed hearing him call me love. Anyway, Paul tunes his guitar to play and sing me his song.

Oh! Darling, please believe me
I'll never do you no harm
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm

Oh! Darling, if you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I beg you, ooh
Don't ever leave me alone

When you told me
You didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and cried
When you told me
You didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly fell down and died

Oh! Darling, if you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm
Believe me darling

When you told me, ooh
You didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and cried
When you told me
You didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly fell down and died

Oh! Darling, please believe me
I'll never let you down
Oh, believe me darling
Believe me when I tell you, ooh
I'll never do you no harm

When Paul screamed during the bridge, I literally got goosebumps. Although he was definitely telling the truth in his song, I'm trying to make the right words come out of my mouth so I can finally tell him I'm ready to give him a second chance.

"Your song was great, but still I need more time to think." I said. Paul frowns again. "Come on, Lily! We've been broken up for two years! Don't you think I deserve another chance?" He asked. "You'll have your answer at some point, Paul! Just not right now." I said.

Paul clutches my shoulders. "Darling, I'm begging you! Please take me back! Like I said in the song, I'll never do you any harm or let you down! I promise!!" He said with his voice trembling. My heart skipped another beat when he called me darling. I've always loved when he gave me cute nicknames.

Anyway, I cupped Paul's face into my hands. "Paul, I believe you. Really, I do. But I'm still not ready for all of this to happen to me again. I promise you, you'll have your answer before the end of the week." I said. "I guess I can wait until then." Said Paul as he hangs his head. "I'll see you around, okay?" I said. "Sure." Paul said sadly.

I make my way back home and collapse onto my bed. I can hear Madame Pomreeda and Esmeralda's voices echo in my head again, telling me to make amends with Paul and fix his broken heart. Again, they're both right, but I still need more time to think.