Chapter 7 - Love Me Again

Paul's P.O.V.

It's been ten minutes since I've waited for Lily. I was beginning to think she doesn't wanna talk to me anymore. But I heard something that proved me wrong, footsteps. I looked over and saw Lily approaching. My face immediately lit up and I trapped her into a tight hug.

"Thank goodness! I was so worried about you!" I said. "I'm sorry, Paul. I never meant to cause you worry. I did see you walk up my steps though." Said Lily. My eyes widened after we let go. "How?! When I arrived at your house, you weren't even home! How did you know I was coming here?!" I asked in shock. "Madame Pomreeda showed me." Lily said. "Who's Madame Pomreeda?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. "She's a fortune teller. I always go to her whenever I need advice." Said Lily.

A fortune teller? I never knew Lily was friends with a fortune teller! "Did she show you anything else?" I asked. "During my first visit, I witnessed what might happen in the future... if I never gave you a second chance." Lily said as he voice trailed off. "What'd you think I'd do?" I asked. "Commit suicide." Mumbled Lily. "Lily, I can't understand you when you mumble. Please speak up." I said. "COMMIT SUICIDE!!!" Lily yelled.

My eyes widened and I put my hands over my mouth. "You thought I was gonna kill myself if we never got back together?!" I asked worriedly. "Yeah. I even had a nightmare about that last night." Said Lily. "Oh, darling, I'm so sorry. I had no idea." I said. "I was so scared! I honestly never meant to hurt you, Paul! I just..." Lily trails off as she's about to cry. I wrap my arms around her for comfort. "I know, love. I just want you to understand one thing though." I said. "What's that?" Lily asked.

"That night when I was kissing that other girl, I was drunk. While you were still in the bathroom, the effect was starting to wear off, and I was trying to push the girl off of me. I stayed loyal to you that whole time." I said. Lily stayed quiet for a minute, but speaks up after a while. "Paul... I... I didn't know." She said. "You have every right to be furious with me, but that day is over. You're still not angry, are you?" I asked. "Not as angry as I was." Said Lily. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm almost ready to tell you my decision, by the way." Lily said. "You are?" I asked. "Yes. I'm gonna drop by your house in two days and I'll have my choice made by then." Said Lily. "That's great, Lil. In the meantime, would you like to hear the new song I wrote?" I asked. "Sure." Lily said. I pulled my guitar out of its case and tuned it. Once it was ready, I began to sing.

Make you love me again

Million girls in the world but tonight i'm alone
I'm alone cause you can't come close
One girl that i'm looking for, there there she goes
I lost you once so, so i'm asking now
Give me a chance this time around

We were so young
Just having fun
Messed it up, had a love
That was beautiful

When we dance
Heaven opens up
So I just thought that I would let you know

Baby, now I should've never let you go
So my heart is coming back for more
I want to hold you like I did before
So baby take my hand, take my hand

I will make you love me again

Tell you want my time
I want to make you mine,
In mind what you wanna do
Baby girl it's up to you uh-up to you
I'll do what I have to, to get you back
Until you love, love me again
Ooh girl

We were so young
Just having fun
Messed it up, had a love
That was beautiful

When we dance
Heaven opens up
So I just thought that I would let you know

Baby, now I should've never let you go
So my heart is coming back for more
I wanna hold you like I did before
So baby take my hand, take my hand

I will make you love me again

Baby, now I should've never let you go
So my heart is coming back for more
I wanna hold you like I did before
So baby take my hand, take my hand

I will make you love me again

Make you love me again love me again

Love me again

After I finished singing, Lily had her hands over her mouth and looked as if she was about to cry. She immediately trapped me into a hug afterwards. "I missed you! Missed... us!" She said. I returned the embrace and started rubbing her back. "I do too, Lil. This time, I'm leaving it up to you on whether you wanna come back to me, just be friends, or..." I trailed off and turned my head away. "Or what?" Asked Lily.

I didn't say anything. Tears began to fall from my eyes and Lily puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Or what, Paul? Tell me!" She asked. "You also have the option of never talking to me again." I said through my tears. "What?! Oh, Paul, I could never do that to you!" Lily said. "After not seeing you for two years, I'm afraid of losing you for good." I said as my voice cracked. "You're never gonna lose me, Paul." Said Lily.

"Do you really mean it?" I asked. "Of course I do." Lily said. "Sorry. I'm just worried about what you're gonna say when you tell me what you decide. I don't blame you if you decide that you don't wanna talk to me anymore." I said. Lily turns my face towards her. "Don't cry, Paul." She said. She pulls a tissue out of her pocket and wipes away my tears.

"I'm scared, Lily." I said. "Don't be scared. Here, will this make you feel better?" Asked Lily. To my surprise, she stands on her tiptoes and kisses my lips. "Did that help?" She asked. I didn't say anything at first. I was stunned by what Lily did since it's been two years since she kissed me. "Paul? Hello?" She said as she waved her hand in my face. She snaps her fingers as I'm wiped out of my trance.

"Oh, I'm sorry! What were you saying?" I asked. "Um... never mind. I'll see you in two days, Paul." Lily said. We say our goodbyes before going our separate ways.

Paul McCartney didn't write this song in real life. It's sung by a group called Big Time Rush. It's not a 60's song, but it is for story purposes. Tap the thumbnail to hear the song. ~ Amanda