Shot 3

Three months ..three whole months it took for Shyam's deeds to be revealed.

And when it finally happened, the police arrested him for several other felonies and his sister surprised him by divorcing him and even gave her statement in the court when the trail happened.

And just like that Shyam Manohar Jha was out of their lives, currently serving his sentence in the prison.

Along with Shyam, one more person left his life and that was Khushi.

Never after that day she left his cabin, had he heard from her or seen her again.

As if she had taken an oath on never seeing his face again.

While he cursed her in his mind for three whole months, she helped his sister come out of a toxic relationship and even helped the police put criminal Shyam behind the bars.

And when he wanted to apologise to her and thank her, she disappeared.

Thank heavens, she didn't tell his Nani all the abuses he had hurled at her or and all that she had to face because of him. From all the talks later that year, he inferred, even the Guptas had carefully left out the parts where he caused hell lot of trouble in their lives and he was extremely grateful for that.

After seeing what his Nani had done to Shyam for all that he had done, he was sure, she would have ripped him alive had she known how he treated Khushi all along given Khushi has become her favourite over the years.

"KHUSHI! One hell of a woman she is!", he chuckled fondly remembering how crazy she used to be and all the crazy things she used to do.

Five months later he broke up with Lavanya. She did try, but she wasn't a fit for him, or that is what he thought of her then.

As he thinks of it today, may be she was.. May be Lavanya was right for him. May be he had mistaken his guilt of misunderstanding Khushi and cursing her for three months had tricked him into thinking he might cheat on Lavanya if he continues to be in a relationship with her. Or anyone as a matter of that.

But even then, a part of him knew, that wasn't true. It wasn't just guilt, he had feelings for Khushi. His mind was completely clouded with her and her thoughts and that was when he ended things with Lavanya.

That just had to end!

After the way he ended things with Lavanya, his Nani had been pretty dissappointed, but never said anything directly either.

With his Di busy in healing her own wounds, she didn't meddle in his life either. She no longer pestered him to get married. For a while he assumed, she lost her belief in all this wedding, love and God crap! But turns out it didn't, she married again three years ago to Anand Shekhar, an IAS office, leading a happy life with one-year old twin girls, now living in Gujarat.

She calls him often, but is now mostly busy in her own life. A happy one and he couldn't be happier for her. She is a strong woman too. She didn't let the tragedies of life crush her faith or beliefs, and here he is still alone struggling with insecurities. May be he is the weaker one amongst them both.

May be!

After being engaged for three years, Akash and Payal got married too before last year. Six months after Anjali's wedding. Though he hasn't attended it, as he was receiving an award that day, he knew they both are together and happy too. His Mama, Mami still fighting just like they used to a decade ago. And his Nani, still taunting and controlling not only just his Mami but putting together his whole family together.

Ever since he left for London five years ago after breaking up with Lavanya, he had visited India only twice, once for Anjali's wedding and once again when Nani had a mild stroke. May be he had grown detached from his family while building AR.

Everyone is happy in their own lives and he is happy too, but the only difference is, while everybody has somebody ..he is alone here.

How long is it gonna go like this?'

"How long are you gonna remain unmarried, you are no more a boy, you are man, you better start behaving like one", his Nani's words which he found silly once seemed to make sense now....

Taking out his phone from his pocket, he called the only person who can give him the best advice in the matters of heart, his loving Di. She had made it a point once that it is her responsibility to get him married. It is time he seek out for some help from her.

-x-

Author's Note:

So, here you go,with what happens in all these years.
This is what happened.
So, what do you think Anjali will have to say?
Let me know in comments.
As I said earlier too,
I have it all written, may be a little bit left, but most of it for, based on the response, I'll be posting them all soon.
Keep reading and share the story of you like it!
Vote, comment and follow for more!