Shot 6

"You have no idea how hurt Nani was when you said we don't have any right to question you given we are all living in Shantivan -a house you constructed with your money ..", she said ruefully.

"That is why Nani moved out as soon as I left for Paris?', he asked as it pained him in the gut to even think of it that way.

"Now go, live in that ghost house of yours –with no people, go live alone..", she cried.

"Di...that is not what I meant ...I just didn't want everybody asking me why I broke up with Lavanya ...when I myself was a mess and I was angry ..I didn't mean to disrespect any of you like that..", he said as his guilt on took a higher notch.

"You did it anyway ..didn't you ...!! You just amaze me sometimes Chote ...You brought Lavanya home to live in with you when neither of you had any feelings for each other and when Lavanya fell in love with you finally, you left her with no apparent reason or explanation and then when we asked you out of care and good will, you insult me, you insult Nani and then leave the country and now you have the guts to blame Khushi for all of this ...what the hell are you made up of Arnav?", she asked frustrated.

"I was scared okay ...I was fucking scared out of my wits ....", he yelled back.

"Scared of what?", she screeched through the phone.

"Who else ..appki devta Khushiji!! ....(Your goddess Khushiji!!)", he hissed sitting upstraight now.

"Sleep evaded since she came into life!!

All I can think of is her, her dangerously beautiful eyes, her melodious voice, her tears, her giggles.....Khushi that, Khushi this ...Khushi ki aansu, Khushi ka chehra ...Khushi ..Khushi..Khushi..", he complained hissing and Anjali gaped on the other side.

"For fucks sakes I was living in with Lavanya and all I can think of is Khushi...as if it wasn't enough in the office, she reached my sanctity home too, mingling with you, Nani, Mami, Akash , she didn't even leave Lavanya or Lakshmi....why does she have to indulge with everybody so well...? Why ..? Then she comes doing all this crazy things ...she drives me crazy ...I was with Lavanya then, why does she have to occupy my thought all the time ...?", he yelled now pulling his hair apart rendering Anjali speechless on the other side.

"Do you know how that makes me feel?", he snarled pissed off.

Being in Love –she wanted to say, but before she could, he said ..

"It makes me feel like I was cheating on Lavanya ...It makes me feel like Arvind Malik's son ..it makes me feel weak, vulnerable, I hate myself ....", he yelped and her heart went out for her poor brother who messed it all up just because he misunderstood his own feelings.

"You know what the worst part is Di.....three months after she left the job at Shantivan, I have practically lived in hell. ...three whole months,every firkin single day, I've hoped she would come back and I could see her and her stupid crazy face , her feats, hear her giggles ...pathetic piece of shit she has turned me into.", he cried.

"She lured me Di ...and the worst part is she doesn't know any of it or atleast acts like she doesn't ..all that innocence Di ....who is like her?.....where does she get all that?", he whined and Anjali felt dizzy hearing all this.

Her Chote is surely a lost case.

"So, that is why you broke up with Lavanya, because you were worried you'd cheat on her with Khushi..?", she asked just to make sure she heard it all right.

"What else?", he hissed irritated isn't that what he had been yelling since last 5 minute.

"okay ..", her sister said but he was sure her voice sounded different.

"So ...after breaking up with Lavanya, why didn't you consider dating Khushiji..?", she asked.

"Dating Khushi.....?", he laughed on the other side like it was the joke of the century.

"Khushi and dating don't even fit in a sentence properly ...have you lost it?", he laughed harder, but immediately sobered up and said,

"Mata Shri doesn't consider anything less than engagement.....dating is a far far thing...", he said as a matter of fact.

"And even if she was dating, why on earth would I go and date her of out all the people in the world?", he asked as if offended with the mere thought of it .

"Because from what I see, you love her ..", she wanted to day, but instead she started,

"Who told you that? Khushiji is a modern woman, infact last month her Babuji got a proposal for her from a good family, she herself insisted that they date for a while and get to know each other better before getting engaged or involve the family in a personal level and I tell you what Chote ....I think this one will work out for Khushiji ..the boy is tall, handsome and has a good job, Khushiji is doing well herself too now. I think they both will make a perfect pair!!", she chirped as a matter of fact gossip just to rile him up but it all fell into deaf ears and his heart fell into the pit of his stomach and it churned making him want to throw up at the very thought.

"Khushi is going to get married?", he asked finally finding his voice.

"Now? Nooooo..noo",she said and he breathed a sigh of relief but that didn't last long as she added,

"But eventually, ofcourse ...", she said maintaining a firm tone.

"Fuck ...!!", he cursed inside his mouth but she heard it all.

"You good Chote?", she asked feigning concern.

"Yeah ...yeah ..", he whispered taking deep breaths to get this all straight.

"Di...I.....I'll call you back in a while alright?", he said taking a moment. He would make a fool out of himself infront of his sister if he keeps talking all paradoxical arguments that are going on in his head right now.

"Yeah ...sure ...you know what Anand is gonna wake up soon, I better go start making him some Chai ....I'll call you once he leaves for office.", she said and put down the phone giggling to herself. She very well knew what is happening in his heart and mind right now. He can only hide too long from his feeling and she knew she hit the right spot by telling him about Khushi's may-be wedding plans. That was a quick decision but she knew, the right one too. If she is right in thinking what she is thinking, her brother is going to make a run to India sooner than even he could imagine.

With that thoughts, she slowly slipped into her room without making noise and bent over the crib in which her two muchkins were sleeping peacefully with their thumbs inside their mouth.

"Mamu is so stupid ...isn't he?", she chuckled flicking their nose and smiled when one of them caught her finger. 

-×-

Author's Note:
So,
This is the last one for the day or the first one in the day! Whichever time your day begins. Mine starts @ 10 am😅
I thought I'd update it tomorrow but everybody has been hating Arnav, but then, I don't want you all sleeping with the thoughts of die Arnav die! 😂
So, here it is...
Much more to come too..
Will be posting more tomorrow based on the response.
Anyways,here it is.
Please vote, share and comment!
Let me know what you think.