Question

Two Months Later

Phoenix walked with Vera to their usual spot. Then, they stopped.

"Before we go our separate ways," she said softly. "I think you know I like you."

"Yeah," Phoenix replied, smiling. He had thought that, but he hadn't been completely sure.

"Well," Vera said. "I wanna know if you wanna, like, be together."

Phoenix's smile widened. "As in, boyfriend and girlfriend?" he asked. She nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I think that'd be nice."

_

Later that day, Phoenix contacted Ashlyn. He'd always been closer to her than to the others.

Hey, he said. What are you doing?

Not much, Ashlyn answered. Resting. I'm tired. And my stomach hurts.

Why? Phoenix asked, concerned.

It's nothing, she promised. Just some pain. It'll go away. I'm alright.

Okay, Phoenix said. Well, guess what happened today!

What? she asked, sounding interested.

I'm dating Vera now! Phoenix said.

Oh, how cool! Ashlyn said. I knew it would happen.

You did? Phoenix asked, surprised.

Of course, she replied. I mean, the way you talk about her, which is constantly, you love her so much, and it's obvious. You two will make a very cute couple.

Thanks, Phoenix said, smiling.

You're welcome, Ashlyn said. I'm excited for you. I'm going to start planning your wedding.

Phoenix cracked up. Seriously?

No, Ashlyn said.

Okay, good, Phoenix said. Anyway, I have things to do. Bye, Ashlyn.

Bye, she responded.

***

This was really short, and partly a filler.

But, comment and vote if you liked it! What are your thoughts on this?