Part 7

Izuku stared down at his notebook and frowned. It was all wrong. He shook his head, taking the eraser and rubbing it across the page.

The eyes. No, the hair? Concentrate Midoriya. That's not important. It's the hands. The flames. That's what he's supposed to be drawing, to go along with his notes. Not the man's hair. Izuku starts on the face again, as he tells himself he doesn't have to.

"I want to watch a movie"

When Izuku jumps, it's with a squeak. He shoves the notebook under his pillow before he can think better of it. And his heart's pounding, One For All already ready on his arm, when the voice speaks again,

"And yeah, that's not suspicious at all."

Immediately, One For All vanishes.

"Fuck, warn a guy," Izuku sighs, a hand on his chest as his heart beat slows down. He turns around to glare at the intruder. Well, I mean, is it an intruder if you're expecting him?

Dabi's eyes narrow. "You just said fuck."

Izuku blinks. He did. He never curses.

"And you want to watch a movie," he counters, equally dubious.

"You're walking on thin ice kid," Dabi snarls, already moving towards the bed. And okay, fine, they're used to each other's presence by now. As weird as that is, Izuku doesn't question it anymore. But sitting at the edge of the mattress? While Izuku is still on it? That's just as whole other level of weird. 'Cause Izuku's always by his desk, when the guy comes over. So, when the bed dips under the new weight, Izuku doesn't move.

Because what the fuck.

"Cursing at me, talking freely, not stuttering," the guy's face turns to Izuku. Eyes cold, hollow, as though they were— empty. They're blue though. A deep, vibrant blue. Like the flames. They stand out, in contrast with the scars. And it occurs to Izuku that maybe that's what his drawing was lacking, the blue of those eyes.

And what the fuck is Izuku thinking about.

"If you're not careful, it might break."

Izuku wants to smirk, but doesn't. 'Cause, you know, villain and all. "Was that a threat?"

Dabi scowls. "Was that a challenge?"

Izuku might not be scared shitless of the guy anymore after that particular exchange. 'You're interesting' 'I'm interesting. And I'm Satan too, apparently.' (He won't ever live that down. Ever.) But he isn't stupid. So he gulps, watching himself.

"No, it wasn't," Izuku pushes off the bed. Because being in the same bed as the guy's weird, even if it isn't scary anymore, and stands. "And my name's Izuku, by the way. Midoriya Izuku. Not..." he makes a vague hand gesture, "kid."

He's standing in front of the guy, expectant. The guy looks up at him, raising a lazy eyebrow. "And?" He asks. Like Izuku is the most annoying thing that has ever existed.

"And it's your turn."

"For what?"

"Introduction"

"I'll kill you"

"We've been there, done that."

Dabi glares. "Thin fucking ice."

Izuku swallows, smiling nervously. "Right. But what's your name? I've been calling you 'the guy' in my head all this time."

Izuku stands there for the longest two minutes of his life, and he's about to go to his chair (because it's always the fucking chair) when the guy speaks up again.