Part 11: Uraraka's good day.

Iida had a thing for keeping school spaces clean.

Most would find it extremely annoying.

Uraraka, as it is, isn't most people.

All in all, she was having a great fucking day today.

"I'm not gay Uraraka-san"

The girl slowly, and painstakingly, tears her gaze away from that magnificent— bending machine. That new bending machine by the corner, next to where Iida is bending over to pick up some plastic forks and napkins that some (and may the gods bless their souls) students threw on the floor a few minutes ago. Yep, Uraraka's seat allowed her a clear view of that great, succulent, carved straight out of marvel by the most devout of angels, perfectly round and juicy piece of—machine. That goddamn bending machine.

She mourns the loss of its sight as she turns to Midoriya. Who's standing next to her and is looking like honest shit. Dark circles under his eyes, the buttons of his shirt done all wrong. And his eyes seem like they've seen horrible, horrible things.

Uraraka can't relate.

She's having a good fucking day today. Midoriya randomly sprinting his gay panic on her and all.

"Deku-kun, I would love to agree with you, but as this is the first thing you say to me after not having shown up to morning classes, I would have to delay my judgement."

Midoriya is still looking like he's in the verge of a crisis. So Uraraka pats the seat next to hers.

"Babe, come sit down and tell Uraraka what happened. Relax, have a panini."

Midoriya sits down, and Uraraka hands him her uneaten panini. "Everyday is a good day if you want it to be Deku."

Would it have been any other day? Uraraka would have laughed at the stupidity of her statement. It's not everyday Iida finds it in himself to personally pick up the trash in the cafeteria.

But he did today.

So today? Today was a good day.

"I told him I missed him, and that he's good looking, but that doesn't make me gay. I mean, I like girls. I liked you."

Midoriya is talking through a mouthful of panini, and he isn't even looking at Uraraka, he's looking down at the table like it holds the answer to the meaning of life. And is a bitch for not telling him.

Poor table, Uraraka's having a great day.

She leans back on her chair.

"That was a phase Deku," she tells him, sounding ironically like a stereotypical homophobic parent. Because it had been a phase, they've been over that. "I was the first to be nice to you in the school, and you imprinted on me. And to be honest, you like everyone, you just get nervous around girls, that doesn't mean—"

Midoriya keeps rambling on his own, not listening to her. "And it's not weird, right? That I notice he's good looking. It's an objective observation—"

Uraraka knew everything about objective observation.

"—because wow that jawline, you know? It's not gay to know. And I know. And I was drunk. And fine maybe he is kinda smart, and funny when he wants to be, and maybe we do have great conversations when he's not threatening me with death," Midoriya turns to her, finally, looking for all intents and purposes like a very lost, green puppy. Uraraka always had liked puppies. Maybe that's why she had a thing for him at first. Before she discovered... other... things. "That doesn't mean I like him, right, Uraraka-san?"

Does that mean he likes him? Not necessarily. Does it look like he likes him? Yes. Is Midoriya gay? Hell fucking yes. He wore that nail polish for close to four weeks.

Will Uraraka tell him? No, because she was having a good day today and she won't torture him like that. Her parents always taught her to help the less fortunate. She pats his shoulder instead.

"I don't know who you're talking about 'Zuku, but he seems like a great guy," threatening him with death and all. You know, maybe Izuku is into that. He always did look at Bakugou for a little too long during their training sometimes. "and I don't know about you liking him, but I do know a bit about falling into a crisis for looking at things you maybe shouldn't be looking at."

Midoriya looks hopeful. "You do?"

Uraraka's gaze goes towards the bending machine, decisively not where Iida had been bending over like a porn star a few minutes ago, and nods. "I do."

"And?"

"I've concluded that there are things too good not to look at. Things that are worth seeing. Things that would be a waste to ignore just because you think you have to. And if that makes you gay, or a creep that disregards societal norms of correct public behavior, well," she shrugs, "as long as it doesn't harm anyone, maybe what it makes you isn't that important."

For a moment, Midoriya stares at her.

"Uraraka-san, when did you become so wise?"

Uraraka chuckles, then clears her throat and unsuccessfully tries to look serious. "Maybe when you left me to do non-gay things with that good looking boy of yours. What? Did you really skip morning classes just to be un-homosexual?"

Midoriya groans, hiding his face in his hands. "Arghhh, I was hangover. Mineta gave me some sake last night."

"Last night?" She gasps. "Deku, are you bringing in a boy to your dorm room at night to do non-gay things with him?"

Midoriya groans the groan of The Ones Who Want the Earth to Swallow Them Whole.

"I'm never going to live that down. Ever. He's going to kill me."

And as they discussed The Incident TM, with some modifications on Izuku's part as to keep Dabi's identity a secret. Uraraka was glad.

That Izuku didn't know her wiseness came from constantly staring at Iida's ass.

Today was a good day.

* Author's Note: I know. Very short. I'm currently working on the good part where our boys meet again. Sadly (or gladly, I guess) I got a full time job recently. So, as opposed to the jobless, eighteen year old person I was like a week ago, now I barely got time to read fanfiction. Or write it as much as I'd like. So I apologize to anyone who's reading coz updates my become very slow again.