Chapter 7: Jealousy

~Bethany's POV~

I walked over to Val. "Sup Beth."he said hugging me. "Hey Val, you did great tonight!"

"Thanks, you did too." He replied "Thanks, so how are you feeling?"I asked. "Can I trust you Bethany?" He asked not answering my question. "Yeah, of course you can." I said. "Ok, so the truth is not really well."he said looking down. "Why?" I asked curiosity taking over me.

"Well I don't know how I feel about the whole Janel and Artem thing.....like I'm getting mixed emotions...I'm happy for her but I just don't know. I think I might like her, like really like her."he said. "Well don't you think this thing is called jealousy?" I asked. He walked over to balcony leaning against the rail looking at the stage below. "I don't know...maybe"he trailed off.

I smiled knowing that he likes her and she like him. But I quickly bit my lip trying to hide my smile. "Well...if you like her, maybe you need to tell her the truth."I said. "Maybe be I should, maybe I should."he said repeating himself. "Thanks Bethany" he said in his deep tone voice, hugging me. I hugged back "Dont mention it." I smiled hugging him back. "I'll see you around." He said extending his finger out pointing at me (that thing that guys do.) "alright." I smiled. And he walked away. And that's how I knew Val was jealous.

~Derek's POV~

Janel walked up to me. "Hey Derek!" She said high fiveing me. "Hey." I said.
"So what do you think of Mark and Bethany's dance?"she asked

"It was great! just that..." I trailed off looking down. "Just that what?"she asked, scrunching her eyebrows together. "I might have....I might have....have.....have gotten a...little"I said struggling to tell her. "Gotten a little jealous." I said looking down slightly blushing.

"Oh really?"she said smirking. "Yeah." I said. "Was it the kissing part?"I asked. "Well maybe...i just don't want her to get to close to Mark...I mean he is my Bestfriend but I want me and her to have that special bonding relationship."I said, hoping she understands. "Do you have feelings for her?"she asked. "I don't know...maybe."i said. "Well if your jealous then tell Mark, he is your Bestfriend isn't he?"I said.

"Yeah he is, thanks Janel"I said smiling. "No problem."she said and walked away.

I sat down on a chair and I noticed that right infront of me was Bethany and Val. She smiled and laughed. He leaned back on the railing. She smiled and bit her lip trying to hide it. They also hugged. The near sight of it could've made my head pop off.

I was wondering what they were talking about that just kept on making her smile. I got up from my chair and started walking over there.

Just then Mark called me over with Sadie. Dang it. What does he want now. I sighed and walked over to the steps they were sitting on.

"What Dude!" I said impatiently. "Woah, Derek attitude." He said. "My bad but what do you need?" I said calming down. "Don't you have a plane to catch to Australia tonight with Bethany?" He asked. "Oh yeah! We do I'll talk to Bethany about that later" I said. "Oh ok"he replied.

I quickly turned around to see if Val and Bethany were still there, but they weren't. I sighed and turned back around to Sadie and Mark and went on my phone.

~Bethany's POV~

I saw Derek and Mark talking so I walked over there. "Hey guys." I said waving. They all jumped up. I laughed and they joined in.

Derek was the first one to speak, "So I got my partner back!"he said looking at Mark. "How you do?" He said looking at me extending his arms for I can get on. "Hey!" I replied in a flirty way grabbing on to him, he then carried me away. "Bye Bethany!"Mark yelled.

"So babe, we have to catch a plane tonight!" he said. "Yeah let me just go change and get my stuff" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were getting ready to board the plane. Derek helped me put my stuff on the shelf above then we sat down for the plane to start.

"You did great today B, I'm really proud of you."he said. "Thanks Derek."I said in a calm tone smiling at him. He just smiled back. Then the plane started and we are off.

Derek and I talked and laughed a bit but we didn't talk of anything important. Then I yawned and felt sleep fill me up. So I leaned my head on the window but it was too cold. So I decided to lay my head gently on Derek's shoulder.

The last thing I remember is Derek smiling and laying his head on mine and closing his eyes.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Y'all just enjoyed the last one so I decided to update again. Hope you guys enjoyed this one. Hopefully I'll get the next chapter by tomorrow or the day after that. 😅🌴