chapter 12

~Joseph's POV~

I finally finish stitching Kayla's wound up after a while, I'd look down at my hands seeing that they are coved in blood, Kayla's blood making my stomach turn uncomfortably. I go and clean all the blood off of me and go and check on everyone that we brought here to the station. After I made sure everyone was alright I'd go and check on Kayla, as I was checking up on her I would hear someone bang on the garage door so I would pull my gun out and walk over to the door "how is it? identify yourself" I say "gezz joseph your going to make me stand out here all day with the zombies?" miller says causing me to chuckle and open the garage door "sorry can't be to caution about who you let in" I say closing the garage door after miller pulled inside with his patrol vehicle inside getting out patting my shoulder looking around his eyes landing on Kayla. "what the fuck happened to her?!" miller asks looking at me "she got hurt falling on glass in a dumpster" I say taking a seat on a chair. "how the hell did she end up a damn dumpster?" miller asks sitting in a chair across from me "she was pushed off a building's roof and fell into a dumpster full of glass" I say with a sigh as I tell him everything about that happened wen he left and he told me what he was up to and where he went off to, chatting  like this reminds me of the old days where there wasn't a care in the world and we could just enjoy life as it was even though we were cops and lived in a stressful environment as it was but I wouldn't change it for the world but the world had other plans up it's sleeve.  Some time later miller excuses himself to have a look around the station to see what state it was currently in, leaving me to my thoughts which I'm glad to be left with my thoughts even though I had nothing to really think about which is fine, safer that way honestly.

Ravens POV

I was currently sitting in the police station's break room with this kid named lily at first she said her name was 'little' but I pushed her basically to tell me what her actual name, now we sit in silence which was starting to get very awkward between us truthfully. "soo...how old are you if you don't mine me asking?" I asks lily "I'm 15 years old.." lily says to me, I'd nod my head as I look at a wall not knowing how to talk to a 15 year old girl. "so your name is raven? like the bird raven or the color raven?" lily asks me causing to look at her "yeah that's my name and yes like the bird and the color raven" I say.