☔️1☔️

Imma be honest this story is sad
I can't imagine troye in the army lol

It wasn't hard for Jacob to remember the day his world fell apart.

Did he want to remember it?

Of course not.

But, in a way, he did.

Mainly because it was the last time he really got to hear about his significant other.

The last time he heard his name--other than when he screamed out of frustration and heartache to himself. 

It hadn't been that long since he'd gotten the news, but it'd felt like an eternity to the depressed man. 

Troye Sivan, a 24 year old blond boy, with his entire life still ahead of him, had left his loved ones back on earth while he joined the other fallen angels up in heaven. 

An American flag was given to his family with heavy condolences.

Laurelle and Shaun Mellet, along with the other younger Mellet's, broke down with heartache, their biggest fear becoming reality. 

Jacob Bixenman, waiting for the return of the younger blond, had gotten a knock on his apartment door instead. 

With a smile on his face, the thought that he was going to see the young soldier being the only thing on his mind, was greeted with the tear-stained faces of Laurelle and Shaun Mellet. 

"We're so sorry to tell you this, Jacob." 

His smile dropped slowly, attempting to process the words of the soldier's father. 

"Troye was caught in a crossfire." 

His face showed zero emotion, but his mind was going crazy with disbelief. 

"He was killed on impact of a bullet." 

It had to be some kind of sick joke.

Troye was going to come home.

He would come to his and Jacob's apartment, watch movies with him, and the couple would fall asleep on the couch at 3AM just like they did every time the warrior came home. 

Right? 

Of course.

All Jacob had to do was wait a bit longer for his love.

That's all it took.

Patience.