☔️15☔️

Jacob was 82.

He stood at the gates of heaven, his final breath being taken at 10:29 pm. 

He walks through to the bright white light.

He looks down at his hands.

They were clear of spots and wrinkles.

He was young again.

He was told when he was younger that when you get to heaven, you're taken back to the age you were the most happiest in your life.
He's 27 again. 

"Jacob." 

Jacob slowly looks up at the sound of his name and is instantly over come with tears, "Troye." 

Troye smiles.

He walks closer to the elder, "I've been waiting so long, Jacob. Thank you for making me wait. Thank you for not hurting yourself." 

Jacob cups the blond's face, a tear running down his cheek, "I've missed you." 

"I've missed you too, Jacob." 

Jacob presses a kiss to the smaller boy's lips, "I love you so much." 

"I love you. There's some people I want you to see." 

Jacob looks up and grins at Alex, Chris, Ryan, Addison, and Jessica.

A few people Jacob has met through Troye who he has also gotten to know slightly more through the last few years due to meeting and reconnecting with Alex again all those years ago.

Jacob also saw Laurelle and Shaun Mellet, along with Steele who sadly passed away in a car crash when he was 29. 

Recognizing a younger face, his face drops in sadness and confusion.

Walking toward the small girl, he kneels down.

He's overwhelmed with emotion and anger at himself for having lost touch with her, "Angel?" 

"Jakie! We've been waiting forever for you!" 

His youngest sister, Angelina.

She was six.

That year was the happiest Jacob had ever seen her.

His chest aches at the thought of everything she'd gone through in life.

And he wasn't there for any of it.

What had he missed?

Were his other siblings okay?

Were they still alive?

How did Angel die?

And how long ago?

He didn't dare ask, though, fearing the answers he might get. 

"I've missed you, Angel." 

"I've missed you too. Nash's missed you as well." 

Jacob smiles through his tears, "Has he?" 

"Uh huh! He's over there!" 

Jacob snaps his head around just in time to see his chunky, cancer-free pit bull run over to him. 

Troye wraps his arms around his boyfriend, "Come on. We'll show you around." 

Jacob had his boyfriend back, he had friends, his sister, family...and he wasn't going to lose them again. 

Jacob was happy.