6- a surprising twist of fate -6

Peter laid on the grass, asleep. Tony watched him, afraid he would just slip away when he wasn't watching. Peter was in rough shape. He was beaten and bruised, Hypothermia had set in, but was fading, as tony was continuing to cover him. The stab wound had stopped bleeding but He had lost a lot of blood. He just had to make it back to the jet, to the compound, just to the compound. And he would be alright. Bruce could fix him. Right?

Natasha walked up to Tony. She sat down on the other side of peter and swept his long brown curls out of his face.

"Tony," She said. "He's gonna be ok, you do know that." Tony sighed.

"Yeah, I know, I just- I just can't lose him. He's like the son I never knew I wanted, and I just can't let him go. Not now either. He- He's just so eager for this. This job, this life, He's so full of it. But...But looking at him now, He looks like he might not even make it to the compound." Tony shuddered. "I don't wanna think about that."

Clint walked in. "Guys, we should head back to the jet" He reasoned. Tony nodded in agreement. They stood Peter up and helped him over to the jet. But right as they entered, a familiar voice called out to them. 

"So I see you found him." A tall man emerged from around the corner. He rubbed his hands together and smiled. "I thought you'd never get him out."

Peter's eyes fluttered open at the familiar voice. Once he saw where it was coming from, his eyed widened in surprise and fear. He spoke up. 

"Beck?!" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

ok so uh, this is crazy short, but its almost over!