A Secret Meeting

What happened?

What happened?

That was the first question you were asked. You played with the fabric that was over you as you contemplated how to tell it. Anakin was the only one who was near you, having taken a chair from somewhere and placing it beside your bed. There he sat, his hands folded and placed carefully on the edge of your bed to give you your space. But he was there if you needed it.

"My mother died a few years ago, when I was sixteen. The family that owned us didn't want to keep me around, they.. I guess they thought that she had worked off the family debt. The Trade though didn't see it as such

They told me that there was still some left. Without the family to work for, I was to work for them instead. Every day I would go and get a job assignment, whether that was working in the sand dunes and reclaiming scraps from old walkers, or being seen to a water farm, it was just whatever had to be done."

Anakin intensely listened to every word that left your mouth. A feeling of regret entered his mind, knowing that he had been there a few years ago, and didn't even look for you.

"Probably.. a year ago maybe I woke up one morning, and went to get my assignment. When they looked me up though they told me that the debt was gone. It was all paid for," you smiled, "I don't think I had felt that happy in a long time. I was free, Ani," you looked at him and he smiled sadly at you, "I was free and could finally get off that stupid planet like I had dreamed of for years. It was easily the best day of my life, as I thought. I went and found some of our friends and shared the news. I don't think I had ever seen Kitster so excited for someone else.

We all agreed to go out that night to the local cantina. Just to have a few drinks, have some kind of fun. I spent the day by myself at home, and something told me that I need to leave the next day. It didn't matter where I just had to leave this place, that's what I was almost being told. I got as much money I could find that I had hidden, and went and purchased a spot on the next ship outta there in the morning."

Your smile fell, Anakin watched. Something in your eyes got sad, and your fingers stopped playing with the fabric, "I met everyone at the cantina and it was great. It was really nice. And then.. Then I met Shuule. He seemed nice, his voice was sweet like honey and he had a nice smile. He told me I was beautiful, exotic even. I never had a man pay me attention before. But something seemed off about him. He offered to buy me a drink and I politely told him no thanks. And then he left."

Anakin caved into his urge when he saw your cheeks turning red, and tears swelled in your eyes. He placed his hands over yours, cupping them as you talked more.

"I don't remember when I left that night. But I left alone, before the others. I didn't want to sleep too much and miss my chance to leave. I was headed home and someone.. They attacked me. It was all so quick, and the last thing I remembered was seeing his smile. That creepy smile. I have been there ever since. And one day I just.. Snapped. I wasn't going to be a slave anymore when I knew I was free. I wasn't supposed to be there, none of us were. I knew someone was going to come for us. I just," you paused for a moment finally meeting his eyes, "I didn't know it would be you."