A Final Mission

The warmth that was familiar to this place was long gone

The warmth that was familiar to this place was long gone. It felt as if something had rung it out and left it in a cold and dark place to dry. The foliage that once grew was dust underneath the boots that walked above it, the trees wilted and grey in colour like there was no life there at all. The air was chilly, and the further you stepped the worse it had become.

Though you weren't there physically, you could still feel the sharp feeling of the breeze pierce your robes to your skin. It was like blades were being pressed into your skin with each step deeper into this unfamiliar world, but what were you looking for? At this point you figured you were looking for anything. Any kind of sign.

A hand reached out and grabbed your arm, and it forced you to freeze. Obi-Wan moved to your side and released his grasp on you, but nodded your way. Without needing to exchange words, you continued on as equals. Shoulder to shoulder you walked past the desolate grounds to complete darkness, past the dusted foliage it felt like your feet hit water. It was shallow enough the tread through, barely past the heel of your boots really, and the sloshing sound that normally would echo in the real world was silent here.

This time you were brought to a halt on your own. You glanced around the black that surrounded you and Master Kenobi, the burning sensation that tingled your skin was like someone else was there. Someone far more evil than you or the Jedi Knight.

Obi-Wan, you said. Through the meditation your and Master Kenobi's minds were like one. Without Anakin there, and without the presence of the unknown figure from before, he was able to venture this far with you. Your call to him made him pause and turn back to face you.

Do you feel something? He asked, and you nodded, and took another glance around you.

They're.. Looking for something.. You trailed off when the burning sensation grew.

Me. Looking for me. You added the thought and obi-Wan shuffled but you raised your hand to stop him.

I can try and locate him-

Don't, Obi-Wan's voice said firmly in your mind. He's too powerful.

We need to know more, you tried to reason with him. You know it's true.

Obi-Wan didn't have an immediate response so you shook your head. You focused your attention on the sensation that was engulfing your body, and tried to find the source. Obi-Wan watched as you disappeared before his eyes, and he immediately was thrown from your connection. When he reopened his eyes he was back in the Temple, sitting across from you, and he sighed in relief when he saw your calm demeanor across from him.

Anakin nearly jumped from his seat and hovered over his Master and you when he saw him open his eyes. He motioned to you and stared at his Master in (dare Obi-Wan say) fear.

"What happened?" Anakin asked, and Obi-Wan shook his head.

"He fell for the trap," Obi-Wan said. "Your plan worked. He came looking for her."