A Lesson in The Force

The soft plush mattress felt suffocating

The soft plush mattress felt suffocating. The way it folded in around your body made you feel constricted. It wasn't comforting, not now. You spent most of your night tossing and turning, and trying to wrap your mind around what Anakin had said to you. It was true in a way that you had felt something stir inside you at times, when you didn't feel at ease really, but you had always thought it to be just a consciousness you had to situations.

The Force.

That was silly. No, Anakin was the one who was gifted with that connection. That's why he was taken from Tatooine all those years ago. And that's why you had to stay. Surely, if this was all true, then you would've been taken as well. Right? Of course. They didn't just leave you behind. Anakin didn't leave you behind.

You stopped yourself and sat upwards. Your eyes felt dry from the lack of sleep, but you couldn't just stop your mind from wandering. You looked over to the pendant you had put on the table by the bed and grabbed it to hold in your hand. You sighed and leaned back as you rested against the pillows. You looked down at the pendant, the reminder, and rolled it between your fingers as the thought of last night entered your mind.

He meant to give it to you. He told you that and walked away but you had stood there with a silly grin on your face. Even now you had a little smile to yourself, and you glanced outside the window in the room. You could see the sun beginning to rise and you threw the large fluffy blanket off your body. Your eyes hurt but you felt fine overall. You got maybe two hours of rest, but you were used to it at this point.

You stood and reached for the robe you had found yesterday. It was the silkiest thing you ever felt and you wrapped yourself in it. You walked out of the bedroom and into the main room when there was a cute beep from the door. You tried to mask your excitement as you neared the door and pressed a button for it to open, but not seeing Anakin on the other side threw you off a bit. You suddenly felt too exposed, not that that's what you were trying with Anakin.

"Master Kenobi," you said almost unsure, hoping you had got it right. He nodded at you, only focused on your face and that seemed to put you at ease, "um—would you like to come in?"

"Yes, there is something I'd like to discuss with you."

You nodded and stepped to the side to let him in. He walked past you, his long dark brown robe swaying over the ground. You walked behind him as he made his way over to the chairs in the middle of the room. You made the first move to sit and he sat opposite of you, and you were careful to fold your legs to keep yourself modest.

"The Council has asked Anakin and I to train you in the ways of our Padawans," he started and your eyes lit up, "but you must be aware that we don't train adults in the ways of the Jedi Order. It will be hard, but I believe you can succeed. We would like to start with a meditation process, later today if you feel up for it."

You rubbed your hair, realizing the mess you must look. He was too kind to say anything, but still you felt small in front of him. He was put together while you felt strung apart inside.