A Ceremony

It was cold, and darkness surrounded you

It was cold, and darkness surrounded you. The only light around you was like it hung over top, and you shivered at the icy breeze. You hugged your arms as you left the breeze become stronger. It wrapped around you like a blanket and you couldn't do anything about it. You saw something in the distance, a figure, but you couldn't move. You were stuck, even when that figure started to grow and come closer. Each breath you took felt like it was sharper and closer to being your last, each time you inhaled and exhaled that hooded figure came closer and closer.

You gasped and shot up in your bed. The more you blinked the more your familiar and comfortable surroundings came into focus. Your chest heaved as you scrambled to hold onto something, and a hand quickly grabbed yours on the bed. You looked to your left and there Anakin was, looking at you in worry. His soft fleshed hand ran up your arm to your back as you tried to collect yourself, and his metal one carefully went to your cheek.

He searched your eyes for something, anything, but the panic and fear he saw as you shook your head made him pull you back into him. His arms engulfed you and you let him hold you. He eased back against the mattress sideways, and brought you as close to him as he could. You couldn't bring yourself to close your eyes, instead just staring at his chest, and watched it breath in and out, and attempted to match his evenness.

Anakin had you pressed so close to him that he rested his chin on the top of your head, and he rubbed your back slowly. He could feel your Force signature in shock, it was tethered in a way he had never felt before, like it didn't know what to do. He tried to focus on you, and that feeling, and try and free you from it. Anakin's presence in your body made you blink, it was warm, strong, and it washed over you slowly. Like he was seeking permission.

You felt calm, and Anakin kept his hands moving on your back, to give you something to focus on as he worked his way through you and to your mind. He could feel your breaths, the way you chest lifted and fell against his, but he focused on your mind. He breathed deeply and pushed a little more towards that tether, until he could grasp it. He felt it loosen from you and relax, and almost go back to normal. That same calm sensation he often felt from you.

You felt him retract from your mind, and you sighed lowly against him. Anakin kept his arms around you, until you made a small movement, but to flatten him back against the bed. He followed your guidance, and flattened onto his back and you returned to resting against him. His right arm stayed wrapped around you and he began to retract his left when you suddenly grabbed it. Your fingers laced into his prosthetic hand and rested against his chest, and Anakin took a shaky breath. Whether you heard or not he didn't know, but he let you hold his hand and rest against his heart.

You didn't speak a word to him about it. You didn't have to. He felt that fear in you and he could only guess what had caused it. Now that the Separatists (importantly Dooku) knew of you, he could have been reaching out to you to grasp who you were. Or your power. Anakin rubbed your back and tried not to focus on that right now. The thought of them coming after you made his skin crawl, so he purged it to the back of his mind. He glanced to the window that showed tiny traces of sunlight behind it.