𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

*✭ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ✭*

November 2076

Olivia was sitting in her rocking chair, knitting a pair of socks, when suddenly Daniela, her twelve-year-old granddaughter, came rushing into the room with a big box in her hands.

"You won't believe what grandpa and I just found in the attic," she enthusiastically put the box down in front of her grandmother and grinned excitedly at her.

But Olivia knew only too well what kind of box it was, so she was not surprised at all that her next words were: "Old videotapes from the year 2020!

She knew the box better than anybody else, and just looking at it took her back fifty-six years into the past, when she was young and full of life and had nothing but nonsense in her head. It had been so long since she had made the records that she had almost forgotten they existed. That he existed.

All at once a sinking feeling spread in her stomach; even though the seventy-three-year-old had no idea what exactly was recorded on the tapes, she still knew exactly who she would see when she looked at them.

She swallowed the knot that had formed in her throat, put aside the knitting needles and the yarn and reached for one of the black covers with an increased heartbeat. For a year she had been recording a video every day, as if she had known that this day would come.

Her eyes captured the title she had written on the side of the tape with a sharpie.

Trouble

The elderly lady put the video cassette in the cassette player and hoped that it still worked after all these years of not using it. Tapes had already been out of date when she recorded those videos, but that was exactly what fascinated her about them.

A gray flickering image accompanied by a loud hissing sound covered the TV and a few seconds later a picture appeared on which a young woman was depicted. She had long black hair that fell curled over her shoulders. The freeze frame showed her from the front and let Olivia and Daniela take a look at the girl's beautiful face.

The screen showed Olivia herself, from her youth. She would love to travel back to that time.

She wore a grey beanie, which had the same grey tone as her shining eyes. Olivia remembered this hat only too well; she wore it almost every day, for the very reason that it harmonized perfectly with her eyes.

Her cheeks were covered with freckles, which she had always cursed at the time, but now would have gladly traded them in for the many wrinkles that had taken over her face.

The young girl's lips were formed into a half but still hearty grin, and the sparkles alone, which were reflected in her eyes, told the older version of the girl within a second who was behind the camera.