Chapter One - Prologue

"Help! Somebody help me!" A lady screamed.

"Shut it, before I make whatever you say next your last words!" The villain holding her yelled. He seemed to have a binding quirk. "Nobody move or I'll crush her!"

I had been on my way to work when I had noticed the situation unfolding. Right now, I was floating in the air using my 'float' quirk that used to belong to Nana Shimura and that I had learned a while ago. I didn't like using Blackwhip or Float, but in this situation I had to. I started floating down, behind the villain before stopping the quirk and landing behind him, shaking the ground around me a little.

"Don't worry, lady. I am here," I said, smirking as the villain turned around.

"Oh my goodness, look! It's Deku, the number thirty-eight hero!" one guy shouted.

"Kick his butt, Deku! You got this!" another person shouted.

"You pesky heroes! Don't come closer or she's dead, got it?!" the villain shouted.

In a split second, I dashed very quickly at the villain, before charging up One FOr All at 70% and sending a kick into the villain before he could react. I was able to use up to 70% of my power, a big improvement over these many years. People cheered as the villain released his grip on the woman and flew back into a van, down for the count.

"T-thank you, Deku sir! Thank you!" The lady pleaded.

"No need to thank me! It's my job to keep everyone safe!" I said to the lady.

Immediately, people started to surround me. They asked questions and some wanted autographs, but many I had to turn down easily as I would be late for work otherwise, and the people at the agency would kill me if I was late again. I prepared to leave, but someone stopped me. It was a little kid.

"D-deku s-sir..." The kid began. "Y-you're m-my favorite hero! C-could I get y-your autog-graph please?" The kid asked very shyly.

"Of course," I told him. He pulled out a pen and a notebook. The notebook resembled one I had as a kid, and had a 3 on it.

"You know, I used to have a notebook like this when I was a kid," I told him.

"Really? I like to write about heroes!" the boy said, his eyes lighting up. "I wanna be a strong hero when I grow up!"

I smiled widely at that. He reminded me of myself when I was little. I signed his notebook and handed it back to him.

"Athough... I don't have a quirk so I can't become one," the kid said. This was hitting too close to home.

"Listen, kid..." I began, kneeling down to his level. "Quirk or not, you too can become a hero. Never give up on your dreams, no matter what anyone tells you. May I ask your name?" I asked him.

"Daisuke. Daisuke Akiyama," The kid replied.

"Daisuke means Impressive or great help. See, your name just proves you can be a hero," I replied. "I have to get going, but I hope one day we will meet again!" 

I waved goodbye to the boy and started running towards my agency again. Oh, did I not mention I now own an agency? We call it the 'All For Agency', a name we thought fit perfectly as this agency was for all of us. I didn't have sidekicks in my agency, everyone there was their own hero and we shared the agency, even though I owned it. The agency only had been around a year, but it had grown to be extremely popular and one of the current top ones, which we were proud of.

But let's talk about me. I was now twenty-five years old and the number thirty-eight hero. I was actually on my way to the agency to watch the announcement of hero rankings with my agency. I was now bulkier and had more muscle, but nowhere near All-Might's mass in his hero form. My hair didn't change much, being as messy as it has always been. Although now I was sporting stubble on my face that complimented my hair. I didn't change my hero costume much, although I removed the hood of it.