Chapter Four - Thoughts

I pulled up to my agency, parking the company van I had borrowed in the small parking space we had. Man, I really needed to get me a car. I got my id card and my bag and walked over to our entrance. I scanned the card and the light turned green, signaling the door was unlocked. I greeted Kamuri, who was inside. She waved back to me and smiled.

"A few minutes late again, as usual," Kamuri stated, giggling. "Fight any villains this morning?"

"If waking up early is a villain, then sure," I said. "I didn't want to get out of bed."

"I'd believe it. Anyways, we received an offer for a new sponsor. It's some new flavoured tea brand and they want you to be in a commercial," Kamuri Explained. 

"Let them know we might be interested. Any updates on the costume department about those costume updates yet?" I asked her.

"Yep! They'll be delivered tomorrow," Kamuri stated. "Also, I thought maybe we could discuss our date. I was thinking maybe tonight after work."

"Sure, sounds good. You sure you still wanna go?" I asked her.

"Of course. I'm glad you asked me. There's a coffee place up the street if you'd like to go to it," Kamuri offered.

"Sounds great," I said, smiling at her. She smiled back. "We can work out more details later. Right now I need to check on the girls in the support group and see how their work is coming along."

"Alrighty, I'll let them know you're coming up," Kamuri informed me.

I thanked her and entered the elevator, hitting the button for the fourth floor, which was the support room. Earlier this morning, Melissa messaged me to come up so they could show off a prototype for my newest support gear. Not that I needed any since I had my modified shoes and my gloves to direct wind force.

The elevator doors opened and I immediately ducked as something flew at my face. It slammed into the elevator wall, luckily not damaging the wall. The little robot thing, however, started sparking and flopping around.

"Shoot! Sorry, Midoriya!" Hatsume said , running and picking up the robot. "This baby right here is supposed to be a flying security system for the agency. I just need to find out how to configure it properly."

"Seems to work better as an assault weapon," Melissa stated, fixing her messed up hair and giggling.

"Seems like it," I stated. "You had something to show me, Melissa?"

"Oh, yes! Follow me real quick," Melissa said, pointing over across the support room.

We walked in between machinery and inventions the two had been working and collaborating on. Some of their inventions were small and others were huge. Luckily, this floor didn't have windows. We had metal shudders installed just in case on of Hatsume's inventions went rogue or exploded, her recent one being an example. 

"Here it is! Take a look," Melissa proudly said, showing me the new piece of gear.

It was my air gloves, and it looked to have barely anything added to it. Yet Melissa looked excited.

"I don't think I understand, Melissa. These are just my gloves," I told her.

"No, look closer!" she stated, hands behind her back and leaning closer.

I did as she said, picking them up and getting a closer look. Sure enough, on the wrist was a button. I pressed it, and instead of popping out like a dome, they popped straight out and around, like a tiny shield and popping out in front of my fingers.

"You can't test it in here, but the way this is supposed to work is that now when you use your air-flick move thingy, it'll disperse around," she stated.