Not the Same Girl

Bella

It's been about 7 days since I had been reunited with my brother Trent, and it's been going really well... other then how dark it is, I'm almost starting to like his dark zone.

Who am I kidding?

I hate it here. I feel like there's a different place where I belong, and it's somewhere warm, light, and wrapped up in someone's loving arms. Sometimes I see snippets of them, like I've been with them for a long time, but I just can't grasp anything other then their toxic green eyes, and charming smile. It's always behind a veil of darkness when I see them.
"Brother, I-." I stopped myself. I know I don't belong here, and I have a feeling that he had something to do with it. I mean, it's great to have a brother, but he won't let me do much on my own. He won't let me use my powers for some light, and he won't let me go anywhere without his express permission or unless I hold his hand, like a parent would do with their child while crossing the street. To be completely honest, it's getting kind of annoying. I know I'm old enough to do things on my own... and if I wasn't clear on my age, the band on my left ring finger should definitely say that I'm old enough to be engaged, or maybe married. I don't think I'm old enough to have kids, not yet.
"Sister!" Trent bellowed as I cringed. I forgot to mention, ever since, at least, 5 days ago, he has been have a very short temper with me. I told him I was hungry, and he yelled at me, I didn't ask again. That was 4 days ago.
"Sorry, brother... nevermind." I mumbled as I felt him turn abruptly and leave me.
If I haven't mentioned before, I'll say it now, there are only a few things that can make me lose my mind; being alone for long periods of time, the dark, and silence. Damn, do I just loathe silence. To me, silence means death or being alone, and I just hate it. I can't stand being here anymore.

I honestly think I'm going crazy. I'm starting to hear voices. I try to block them out, but they just keep getting louder and closer. I squeeze my eyes shut until a green light is held behind my eyelids. I slowly peaked my eyes open to see toxic green eyes and the charming smile.
"It's you." I choked out as the white haired man offered me his hand.
"Don't! Sister, please! They're trying to take you from me again!" Trent begged as I slowly pulled my hand back.
"Bella, please come home." The white haired man pleaded, his voice filled to the brim with tears.
"Is that my name?" I asked. "Bella?"
"Yes, it's ok, love. We'll help you." He soothed as I hesitantly placed my hand in his and he pulled me to my feet. Trent didn't let me walk without him, so he chained me down to the floor.
"Help?" I asked pointing to the chains. He brought the light down to the floor and a small scream flew from my lips. For 9 days, I had been sleeping in the same area as multiple other bodies. He forgot to feed them, it looks like, and they just died. I pulled my eyes away from the decaying bodies, trying desperately not to puke. I needed all the food I had left in my stomach to stay there, not that there was much left after 7 days. Just thinking about it made me feel extremely weak, and my legs started to shake.
Just as the green eyed man got the chains off me, my legs gave out and he quickly scooped me up into his strong arms.
"Woah, easy, love. I've got you. You're safe now." He soothed as he pulled my frail body closer to his chest. I shivered pathetically as he called for some others before I blacked out.