Note no. 70

.Pandora Caruso.

My breathing was heavy as I jumped my way to the door on my good foot "Lon," that's how Babilonia has told me to call him.

"Yes?" he glanced at me over his shoulder as he stood by my door.

"You need to come in here," I jumped back to the bed and sat on the edge with my laptop on my thighs. He searched the room last night for cameras or microphones and there aren't any.

"What's wrong?" he asked after closing the door silently.

"It's gone," I showed him the screen "all of the money I stole from Roberto," my breathing became shallow. "How am I going to get out of here now? Where will we go? He is going to kill me when he comes–"

"Calm down, Pandora," he gripped my shoulders gently; his touch doesn't bother me because he is the opposite of Roberto. Lon would never even think about hurting me. "I have some money saved–"

"No," I shook my head "I'm the reason why this is all happening, you're not giving me your money. You're already doing so much by getting me out of here."

"Then where will you go?" He seemed so concerned.

"I'll think of some pla—"

"Wife! I'm home!" Roberto shouted from downstairs.

"Wasn't he supposed to be back tomorrow?" I closed shut the laptop and hid it under the bed at once.

"He said he would be back tomorrow," Lon got up and rushed out of the room since he is not supposed to be in the room. I hid under the duvet and pretended to be asleep but my breathing wouldn't steady.

"Baby girl!" He stormed into the bedroom and ripped the blankets off of me. "We are going to be filthy rich!"

My eyes fluttered open and my jaw clenched at the sight of the man who killed my baby. "You murdered my baby in cold blood!" I yelled in anger.

He quickly climbed on top of me "Yell again, I dare you, you insignificant—"

"YOU ARE A RAPIST AND A MURDERER! I WISH YOUR PLANE WOULD'VE GONE DOWN SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR DISGUSTING PRESENCE EVER AGAIN!" I kneed his crotch and he fell to the floor of which I took advantage of to get off the bed and jump my way out of the bedroom.

Babilonia was standing at the bottom of the stairs as I stood atop "Mrs. Caruso, is some—" he gasped and the floor disappeared from under my feet; Roberto pushed me down the stairs.

As I fell down and every corner of my body was hit by the cold and harsh marble, I thought about my life, about everything that led me to marrying Roberto; desperation, need of security and ache to have a place in the world.

"Mrs. Caruso!" Babilonia cradled my body; everything hurt, it was hard to focus my sight. "Everything will be all right," his eyes filled with tears. He is a good man.

"Step away from my wife!" Roberto shouted.

"She is hurt!" Babilonia exclaimed looking up at my husband.

"How dare you—"

"She's pregnant!" Lon declared.

"No she's not—"

"She is!" Babilonia was desperate.

I'm not pregnant but with a heir on the way he will call a doctor or take me to the hospital; my head turned to the right softly as whimpers escaped my mouth.