Part 9

Luna sat at the end of the cafe, staring blankly at her employees. She bit her lower lip, remembering the scene where she had been kissed by Aqil.

"Is it just me or did Miss Luna bite her lower lip while staring at me?" asked Razi half whispering.

"I think she's doing a self-reflecting," Nurul replied casually before she makes a mess of Razi's hair.

"Oi, don't play with my hair. Hahaha..." joked Razi.

"You want to go to the movie with me, tonight? I asked Izzati but she's going out with her boyfriend tonight."

"I'm sorry, I can't. Miss Luna is asking me to do some stuff and I think it'll be a late night again for me,"

"Urgh! You are not my friend!"

"Look at Miss Luna. She's in deep thought. I think that is not self-reflecting. Go talk to her."

"Why me?" asked Nurul.

"Because you're a woman, idiot. It will be weird if I suddenly came there and asked for a girlie talk. I'm way too masculine for that."

"Hm... that's right. I'm going to ask her what's wrong. Cover me for a while," said Nurul. She walks towards Luna nervously.

"Miss Luna," called Nurul.

Not responding.

"Miss Luna ... Oh, Miss Luna...?" called Nurul again as she waved her hand in front of Luna's face.

Luna was taken aback.

"Eh ... Nurul."

"Can I sit?"

"Ha, please sit down."

Nurul pulled the chair in front of Luna and sat down.

"I'm not going to be a busy body, but Ms. Luna... is everything ok? I'm a little bit worried seeing you too deep in your own thoughts," Nurul admitted.

"Um ... I think I'm ok."

"Well, maybe you think you are ok but honestly, you don't look ok. How can I trust you?"

Luna looked at Nurul with heavy eyes. 'Am I going to tell this lady everything? Urgh ... '

"Ok, you're right .."

"Is it about that guy"

"Huh? Which one?"

"That guy last time who drank his iced latte in one shot while standing. He paid and then just leave,"

"Ohh ... he..." Luna sighed for a moment.

"Really, Miss Luna? Him? Hehehe ..."

"Yeah," replied Luna, raising her eyes up just to see Nurul laughing at her.

Nurul held Luna's hand. "Miss Luna, you have to believe in yourself, in the power that you have in your heart, to have complete control of your own life. Remember to always believe in the strength that you have deep inside you. And trust me, strong faith in The Almighty will help you in showing the right way. Don't waste your time on someone who does not appreciate you for who you are,"

Luna looked at Nurul with stars in her eyes. She always takes Nurul, Izzati, and Razi as her own siblings - even if she is sometimes annoyed with their impropriety in making jokes, she loves those three the most.

Luna gives Nurul a sweet smile with a "Thank you,"

"LUNAAA ......." Hanif called as he opened the cafe's door.

Luna looked towards the cafe door with a big laugh. Nurul who just turned her body patted her forehead, then got up.

Hanif walks toward Luna and continues to sit where Nurul had just been.

"Thank you for warming up the seat for me, Nurul." he joked.

"What do you want to order today?" asked Nurul, trying to hide her embarrassment.

"I want a croissant with cinnamon, with café glaché caramelito." ordered Hanif. He then put his chin on both of his hands. His elbows are on the table.

"So ..."

"Yeah ... So ...." cut Hanif. She smiled at Luna.

"Take a day off the day after tomorrow and go out with me," said Hanif.

Luna choked on her own saliva.

"Huh?" asked Luna as she patted her chest.

Hanif laughed.

"I'm asking you out. For a date."

"Why?" asked Luna before sipping a glass of plain water on her right.

"I like, you. A lot. For quite sometime now."

"Oh..."

"And the answer will be?"

"Sorry. Here is your croissant with cinnamon, with café glaché caramelito. Enjoy," Nurul interrupted as she put down Hanif's food and drink on the table

"Ok, thank you. You may go now."

"Good luck," gestured Nurul.

Hanif just smiled at her and nodded a few times.

Luna bowed her head a little. She was embarrassed by Hanif's request. She has a heart for Aqil, but Aqil makes him feel like a fool, like trash, like a sex toy. Hanif, on the other hand, looks way more mature and is quite charming.

'Why not, Luna? You deserve to be with a better man,'

"Um...Okay. But I don't want to pick a place. I'll just drive there,"

"Who told you to drive? I'll pick you up. It's a date." Hanif said while tapping Luna's head slightly.

"But why all of a sudden?"

"I don't know. I feel like it's time for me to take the next step. Watching you from a distance, looking at men ogling their eyes on you sometimes make me want to go crazy but yeah ... you're not mine, YET, so it takes a lot of my willpower to restrain myself from doing anything stupid," replied Hanif. He swears he has an eye at the back of his head as he's able to somewhat see Izzati and Nurul are both watching him and Luna, and trying their best to decode both of their body languages.

Luna smiled. "You're a good guy."

"Then say yes. I'll show you how good and bad... I am inside out. Rawr!" joked Hanif.

Luna can only laugh at Hanif's jokes.

She feels happy for a while

**

Outside the window of the cafe, Aqil inserted both of his hands into his pocket. He can only see Luna laughing from afar. His 'little boy' suddenly hard because of Luna.

"Stupid fool. You should've been laughing prettily like that with me, not with that dumbass."