Part 10

Luna was walking to her house from grocery shopping a few blocks from her house. She was smiling all the way to the shop and to her house. She's pretty excited about her date with Hanif tomorrow. As she was singing Dance Monkey, happily, by Tones and I, her eyes caught Aqil standing in front of one of her neighbor's lawns. She stops.

Aqil throws away the cigarette that he has in between his fingers and walks toward Luna.

"Hey."

"Um... hey."

"How are you?" asks Aqil, as he rubs the back of his head.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm doing ok. How's life?"

Luna burst out her laugh.

"Why?" ask Aqil. He's confused.

"We didn't talk at all for a week after your very hurtful messages, and then you kissed me without my consent yesterday. Now you ask me how's life? How should I answer your question?"

"I owe you an apology."

"Accepted."

"Um...Do you still like me?"

"Huh? Why do I need to answer that?"

"Just answer my question."

"I didn't take any STD tests," said Luna with sarcastic remarks.

"I'm sorry, ok?"

"It's ok. I've decided that I can make myself happy."

"Huh?"

"I'm trying to move on from you. You are not good for me," said Luna honestly.

"Trying? Means you still like me, right?"

"Why are you asking me all these questions? Are you ok?"

"I admit. I like you too. I mean... I don't even know how can I fall for you when I just wanted to goad you into doing something that you might not want to,"

Luna gives Aqil the Eye.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Luna crossing her arms.

"I got hard whenever I think of you. I sometimes fantasized about your body next to me. I want to do bad things to you."

"Aqil. Are you some kind of moron?" asked Luna. She becomes angry with Aqil's audacity in saying all those things to her face.

"Do you take me like a sex doll or something? You seriously need to see a shrink,"

"No, wait. Let me finish."

"Ok..."

"Ok, it's true. I have those kinds of things in my head while thinking of you. But then I don't know how and when I started to fall for you. And I am sorry. I am sorry, Luna. Please?"

"Aqil, I may forgive, but not forget. You hurt me so much in a very short amount of time. I'm sorry, but you're just too late. I don't want any regrets in my life."

"I promise you, you will not regret having me as your loved one."

"No, Aqil. I'm sorry. I have to go. Please take good care of yourself, ok? I hope you'll find someone that suits you best," said Luna. She walks away from Aqil and left him there, staring at her with daggering eyes. Little that she knows, her life will never be hers anymore.

"I'll make you regret it, Luna."