seven.

^^^*sneak peak of what's going on in this chapter... what do you think? ;)
Milan Katalina Kovac | Sterling Academy

"'I don't believe in magic.'

The young boy said.

The old man smiled.

'You will when you see her.'"

- ATTICUS

-----

"Battle of Gettysburg," Alexander fired off about 20 minutes into class after finding out I had an excellent memory.

"1863," I replied without a sweat examining my nails again. The nail polish was starting to chip and I had to resist the urge to peel them.

Currently the teacher was giving us time to research our newly assigned project. Alexander had somehow convinced me to be his partner and now the two of us sat lazily in our chairs in the corner of the room, not having done any work whatsoever. I wasn't worried though, It was a simple project and It wasn't due till Friday.

Alexander had found an interest in my jacket at the beginning of class, claiming it reminded him of a soft cat. Now he held it in his arms, running his hands through the faux fur as if it was the softest thing he had ever touched.

"Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel."

"1508."

"Pearl harbor?"

"December 7th, 1941."

"Alexander the great."

"336 BC, are you satisfied with my historical knowledge yet?" I pester, glancing at the clock. We still had about 25 more minutes of class. Thaddeus and Zachary had partnered up and were sitting a few rows in front of us, both of them seemed to be focused on their books.

"Wrong Alexander the great," Alexander says with a grin, clearly proud of his joke.

"Wha- oh haha," I say, finally getting the joke. "So what is your story Mr. Vasilios?"

"Well, 18 years ago a beautiful baby boy was born." He says slowly, as if telling a child a bedtime story. "And then his parents decided to name him Alexander. Then he grew up to be even more handsome. The end."

"Cute story," I tell him, rolling my eyes at his lack of detail and imagination. "I meant what do your parents and family do, what brings you to sterling academy, you know all that jazz."

"You wanna know how I became best friends with the prince over there, don't you?" He responds, nodding at Thaddeus's concentrated form with a sly smirk.

"Yes because when I ask about your life it automatically means I want to know about Thaddeus." My tone was drowning in sarcasm but Alexander's knowing smirk didn't falter. Although I will admit I was curious to hear about the story of how they came to be best friends. Their friendship intrigued me, partially because it reminded me of mine and Mason's relationship. Mason was always trying to find some way to annoy me while I always responded with a sarcastic comment.

"Well since you asked so nicely," He teases continuing to play with my jacket. "My father is Delegate and you already know my mother is a famous event planner. My aunt is the headmistress and I have a little sister named Rosalina that is 6 years old." Adelia Vasilios. Alexander Vasilios. Makes sense. Their light blue eyes must've ran in the family.

"The reason I am here at Sterling is because I basically grew up here, seeing as my dad was usually busy and my mom would drop me off here when she was busy with clients. Over the summers though I usually spend them with the Knights. Mrs. Knight, my mother and Zachary's mother, are diaper buddies and had forced down the tradition to Thaddeus, Zachary and I."