Chapter 4

Once Tom had finished his call we had finished setting up Tom's "lockdown cinema" in the lounge.

Just then the door bell rings and Tom gets up to get it, I knew exactly what it was.

The delivery guy puts the package down 2 metres away from Tom before leaving, Tom waits for him to leave before going over to pick it up. He stands outside the doorway opening it up to find an Apple TV projector, one that hooks into your TV.

He leaves the packaging outside before putting the projector down and washing his hands (gotta stay safe people)

"What's this?" He says pointing at the Apple TV while drying his hands.

"Oh well I think you should come and see for yourself" I reply

"Huh?" Tom says in confusion.

We all walk into the living room where Harry, Tuwaine and I have set up a mini makeshift lockdown theatre for Tom's birthday.

"Hey mate, I know that most of your birthdays we usually go see a movie in the theatre and we can't now so we brought the theatre home instead." Tuwaine says to Tom.

"Wow this looks great guys" Tom says smiling.

We have completely changed the fit out of the lounge, we draped red curtain fabric over the windows and put the couch directly in front of the TV, there was a whole table with snacks and thanks to Harry there were even very dim fairy lights on the ceiling, in other words it looked pretty good to have been made by 3 dorks like us.

"Here let's plug the Apple TV in and then we can binge watch Avengers movies." I laugh

"As long as we don't watch Spiderman I'm fine because honestly I'm like so sick of watching my own movies" tom groans

"Stuck up much, it's not our fault we've got a cute best friend" I reply and as soon as I say that I immediately regret it.

Tom goes red and he quickly moves along to plug the device in.

Once it's all set up we all settles down to choose a movie. There's two couches and I was hoping to sit with Harry, so I didn't cause myself anymore embarrassment.

No such luck for me today, Tom called me over, how could I say no when he called me?

I sighed, well how ironic then. We grabbed some snacks and decided to watch Primal Fear as Tom got first pick since it was his birthday. As it got darker outside, we all went into the kitchen to make Pizzas. While they were cooking in the oven, Harry and Tuwaine pulled some beers out of the fridge and decided what we should watch next.

In the end after lots of arguing from Tom we decided to watch Infinity war and then Endgame, as we had already seen the other two Avengers movies recently.

"Whyyy, I thought we agreed not to watch any movies with Spiderman in it" Tom groaned.

"Calm down, you aren't the spotlight of the whole movie" I replied laughing.

"Fineeee" he groans again.

"We're gonna go to the store now as it will probably be empty," Harry says and with that both Harry and Tuwaine leave.

"Only one person is allowed in though" Tom calls after them but they're already gone.

"Just you and me then huh" I say to Tom. He just nods and then turns the movie on.

We sit in an awkward silence for a while until it gets to the scene where Peter parker is on the bus and then I say

"There's meeee in the back" (Harrison was in the bus scene if you watch closely in Infinity War) giggling when Tom shoots me an "are you ok" look. Then he laughs with me.

After Infinity war finishes and I'm fake crying about Peter Parker we Find Endgame and watch that. By the time we're halfway through Tom is already falling asleep, he lies down onto my lap and closes his eyes, just by instinct my hands found their way to Tom's hair and before I knew it they were tangled in his chocolate brown curls. Suddenly I realised what I was doing and quickly removed my hands from Tom's soft locks. He opens his eyes,

"You don't have to stop" he mumbles. "It feels nice" he says again.

My face goes bright red but I put my hands back in his hair anyway. Maybe I should just follow Harry's advice.

A while ago when I realised I liked Tom, I told Harry about it, because obviously he wasn't going to tell Tom and he and I got along well.

I clearly remember him saying "If you don't want to risk the chance of ruining your friendship then you should ignore your feelings, but if you love Tom that much and you're willing to risk and just hope that he likes you back and go for it mate."

On the off chance that Tom might like me back it's worth a shot. I tap Tom on the shoulder gently.

"Tommy I need to talk to you about something."