Chapter 3

*Fast forward 2 days*

"Happy Birthday mate!!!" I yell jumping onto his bed.

He laughs as I scare him.

"Ello mate" He says startled.

"Great time to be in lockdown huh?" I say.

"Yup pretty boring birthday planned" he replies still waking up.

"Hmmm boring is not the right word Tommy" I reply

"What do you mean?" He questions

"Come see for yourself" I reply smirking

He chucks on MY hoodie again and I get off his bed. We both walking into the living room and Harry and Tuwaine jump out with party poppers and give Tom is second fright in the last 10 seconds, He jumps back with such a fright and accidentally falls into my arms. I casually let him go and we both blush brightly.

"Happy Lockdown birthday" Harry and Tuwaine say together.

"Thanks guys" tom chuckles pulling them both in for a hug, where's my hug?

"There's a cake on the dining table as well" I say to Tom.

We all follow him into the kitchen to find the 3 layer chocolate and strawberry cake I made with fresh strawberries, as they were just coming into season.

"Aww thanks Hazza" Tom says giving me a hug. He stays there longer than I expected, he feels warm and soft against me and I can smell his coconut shampoo. I shake these thoughts out of my head and change the subject quickly once he lets go.

"I got you a gift as well" I say

"We all did" the others chimed in.

"The other meaning everyone else at home; Sam, Paddy, mum and dad.

"Awww this is so sweet of you all" He says laughing.

At that moment Monty comes bounding in and jumps onto me and licks my face and almost knocks my glasses off my face.

"Montyyy, give Tom the kisses, it's his birthday" I say to him.

As if he actually understood me he bounds over to Tom and jumps into Tom's arm, Tom catches him expertedly.

Aw what a great photo, my pretty springer spaniel with my best friend. As if Harry read my mind, he takes out his camera and snaps a few quick pics.

"Missing Tess now," Tom mumbles between getting licks from Monty.

"Speaking of Tesss...." Harry says pulling out his laptop, he clicks a button on call and suddenly the rest of the Holland families faces along with Tom's blue Staffordshire bull terrier appears on screen.

"Tesssa" he says, she barks into the screen trying to lick the camera.

"Happy birthday Tom!" everyone else says in behind Tessa.

They all chat for a while and wish Tom happy birthday, and then Harry, Tuwaine and I go to set up the last part of Tom's lockdown birthday surprise.