Chapter 1 : Meeting Her

ROYS POV

"Bye bro. Call me if you need anything. Always at your service"John hugged me and tried to make my mood lighter. I hugged him back even though I know nothing will change my mood now. He had accompanied me to the railway station.

"Sure"I replied and showed a fake smile. He helped me with my luggage's and finally settled in. The train was about to move

"What shall I say to Uncle and aunty. Theyll hang me up in a tree if they get to know that I helped you to elope"

I let out a small laugh

"They doesn't need to know the details ra. Just tell them that I'm going away to calm myself. I'll come back once I feel okay"I said and he touched my shoulders and nodded.

"I'll leave then. Take care"he said and turned to leave

"Jo?"

He turned towards me

"You need to go for her marriage"I said and he looked at me shocked

"What?"

"You need to. On my behalf" I said and looked away from him

"Bro. Are you nuts. Like seriously?"he glared at me.

"Yeah. " I said and looked away. He sighed and hugged me again

"I will. And don't think about that again bro. You have a better life with someone better. " He broke the hug and i nodded Without saying anything. He walked out and waved at me. I waved back. Once the train was away from the station , I came back and took my seat.

My thoughts again went back to her. Maya. How can she do this to me. I know thinking about her will make things worse. But I need to accept this. She's going to be someone's wife soon. I clenched my fists in anger. Suddenly I felt chocking.

I recall our first meeting. During our cultural fest. She is a classical dancer and when her programme came , mostly all the men had their eyes on her including me. I tracked her down and realised that she's doing another course. I met her. Introduced myself and asked her for a coffee. She agreed even though she was scared. Then it became our routine. She shared everything with me. She was a Brahmin and she'd lost her mother when she was so young. Her father is so strict and she was so scared of him.

I confessed my love on her birthday. I remember that we've hugged each other tightly when the rain came down pouring it on us. I remember all those moments we had. I recalled how she used to shiver whenver i held her palms. She'd been so scared to come with me even for a bike ride.

I remember taking her to my home and introducing her to my parents. They liked her too much. My mother and Maya cooked lunch for me and papa that day. We had a great time. Being the only child of my parents supported me in everything I did.
Maya and me sat on the rooftop of our home that day , looking at the stars. She had her head on my shoulders. I had tried to kiss her then. I remember her hitting my chest and she promised that she would kiss me after marriage. I had laughed then. She'd kissed my cheek as a consolation prize.

I smile bitterly. Those 3 years were the best in my life.

I recall how her father had send goons to beat me up. How she begged to those men to leave me alone. Her father had threatened to kill me then. They'd beaten up John too. He was the only one there for me in all the hurdles.

I sighed and realised that Maya won't be there in my life anymore. I need to get her out of my mind and my heart. But I don't think i can ever do it.

I tried to doze off but I couldn't. I think about my parents. They'd been so hurt to see me like this. That's why I'm moving away from them. To heal my wounds