Chapter 3: What Matters Most

Two days later

The group holds their final meeting on how they are going to retake the Underworld.

Azazel: "So the plan is that we will all teleport into the Gusion territory. Then stock ourselves with the items from the vault in that territory. With these added weapons we will try to liberate one devil's domain after the next working our way to the capital."

Sirzechs: "This sounds like a reasonable plan. I hope there are powerful weapons in that vault though. We are going to need them to even stand a chance against Hades."

(F/N): "I went through the vault while I was there. I can guarantee there are some items that will aid us dramattically. We should be fine as long as we can also gain additional support."

Serafall: "I imagine that the devils will be happy to see us after so long and they will jump at the chance to aid us in retaking the Underworld."

Sona: "Don't count on it. It has been almost a month since you guys ran away. It is possible in this time that Hades has won many devils over to his side."

Ajuka: "Sadly, Sona is right. Since we ran away I imagine that there were several devils that have decided to join with Hades. To make matters worse they will easily be able to get in our way, or even trick us by pretending to help us."

Rias while glaring at (F/N): "As long as everyone does their job like they are supposed to and say they will, we will be fine."

(F/N) thinks: "I am starting to wonder if she will ever forgive me."

Azazel: "This plan should hold up well as long as (F/N) is right that Hades could not invade his domain. We will need to move fast though, since the Gusion domain becomes poisonous at night. We will have to get in as soon as the poison fades and then get out before the night comes. It will be kind of tricky, but I think that we can make it work."

Serafall: "Yeah with us all working together there is no way we are going to lose. The Underworld will be ours again in no time."

Sirzechs: "After we acquire it, I imagine that several devils will be against the current leaders remaining in power."

Serafall: "What do you mean?"

Sirzechs: "We left them all to be slaves essentially. While we did not have much choice I don't think this will sit well with many of the pillars."

Ajuka: "To resolve this I say we have an Underworld-wide Rating game tournament. Everyone that wants to participate can. The winning peerage's king will become the new leader of Underworld and can organize it how he or she pleases."

Sirzechs: "I suppose that is a reasonable idea. At least we can then make it clear who the strongest peerage is and know that we have the strongest leader we can."

(F/N): "So your plan is to decide who the next leader of all devils is by fighting. I am not sure that will determine who is most qualified."

Ajuka: "That is not true at all. The king must be a skilled leader to be able to lead his peerage to victory no matter who is in their peerage. I would think you know that."

(F/N): "I agree that the winner will be the best choice in times of war. However, eventually there will be peace."

Sirzechs: "When that time comes we will decide if that person should still lead us or not. I imagine that the devil community will all agree to these terms."

Azazel: "Well now that we have a plan I say that we all go get some rest. It is late and we all will need to be well rested for the next couple of days. Pretty soon it will be too late. Also Sona your peerage is on patrol with me tonight."