Sober

DIANA's POV

"Congratulations, Ann! You'll be officially taking over the company tomorrow!" Gino raised his glass wine and everyone followed. "Cheers to the New President of Colis Group!".

"Cheers!" everyone in the room enthusiastically responded.

"Thank you, Gino and of course to all of you. I wouldn't be here without your help but for now, let's forget about work and have some fun! Let's enjoy the night before it ends!" She joyfully stated. Ann will be taking over their family's business as her dad officially passed it to her but they were not able to be here personally to congratulate her. I know she's been working so hard for it and I am really proud that she's finally getting her father's trust.

"Dee! Where's Sky?"

"I'm sorry, Ann but Sky told me he can't make it. He said he can't leave the bar cause some vip reserved the place and he has to be there since his partner is here." We both chuckled and I leaned closer to her for a hug. " I am so proud of you, Ann. Always remember that. Love life na lang kulang." I whispered.

"I told you, di hinahanap yan. Darating din yan." She replied and looked at the direction where Franki was. She kept telling me she doesn't like her but her actions are telling me that she does. Then what if she really do like her? How about me? Silly me! No. I can't like Franki. It's just a stage, I guess. She'll just be like some other girls that I've met.

"Franki's really cute! Isn't she?" She suddenly asked while her eyes were still at the girl we both admired.

I nod my head and looked at the girl she was looking kanina pa. Franki isn't cute. She's beautiful. She's like a goddess trapped in a human body.

"Do you like her?" She blurted.

Fuck. She's asking me. Why is she asking me? Do I like Franki? She likes her but she's denying it. But what if she don't?

"Uhm.." I was about to say something when Gino approached us.

"Hey Dee! What's up? Can I borrow Ann for a while? I just need to talk to her about something. " he smiled at me and looked at Ann.

"Yeah, sure" I sighed in relief.

" Dee, don't get drunk!" I chuckled as Ann warned me and raises her eyebrows before leaving with Gino.

Franki has been stealing glances at me a while ago but I chose to ignore her for the entire night to save myself from confusion. I just comforted myself with wine while Ann was still busy talking to her guests with Gino.

"I told you not to get drunk!" Why is she scolding me like my mom? I know I'm not drunk but I felt a little bit dizzy.

"I'm not drunk" I tried to argue with Ann while we're making our way to her car in the parking area when I suddenly stumbled and fell to the ground.

"God, Diana!" She tried to help me get up when Frances arrived.

"Is she okay? What happened?" She immediately assisted Ann to help me get up. I don't know who's world suddenly lights up with her presence. Is it mine or Ann's? Or maybe both? Before I could get up my vision gets blurry and all I can remember is seeing Franki's worried face as I closed my eyes and fell into the ground again.

I woke up as I felt the blanket wrap around my cold body and I perceived that I am already inside my room when the bathroom door opened and Franki came out. What is she doing here? She went right beside me and I remained silent as I was carefully studying her face. Her cheeks were flushed a soft pink and her lips always look tasty.

"Are you okay?" She worriedly asked. I can feel the pounding of my heart just by staring at her.

"Prove me wrong." I stated before leaning forward and kissed her. I can feel her body relaxed against mine and she was responding to my kiss. She slowly puts her arms around my neck as I caresses her cheek with my thumb. Her kiss gave me a different kind of feeling and it's like every kiss is a new one that you don't want to end. I never felt this kind of thrill before just because of a kiss. Then it got into me.. I..am..in..lov..