Prologue

Loki has been here for months. Reading, doing nothing. Maybe if those insolent fools remembered he was useful on missions they took him with them. Norns! He was bored! Utterly bored. No books! Well. He had books just didn't feel like reading any of them.
He groaned and rolled out of the bed for some stupid meeting those idiots are having.
He met the little spider in the hallway, he was unusually calm and serious. And to say Loki was surprised was un understatement.
"Okay, so Peter has something to say," Stark said getting the attention averted to the child. Without his usual rambling the kid said.
"My twin is coming from college in New York-"
"You have a TWIN?!"
"When?"
"Sibling?!"
"Twin??!"
Was heard all across the conference room.
"Yes, she's coming from London here for her holidays. She'll be staying here," Peter explained carefully. "There is also something else you should know,"
"What?" The russian assassin asked.
"She's a mutant. She went to Xavier's school," Peter said, his eyes darting across their faces.
"So she's like you?" Clint asked.
"No, she was born with the mutation. It will be her choice if she tells you what that mutation is," Peter said seriously. His voice harder than anyone had heard it ever. "Aunt May and I will go pick her up on the airport. We'll probably be back in a few hours,"