The book exchange

When Natasha entered the living room, hs wasn't expecting that. Anything but that. Peter's sister she met yesterday was sitting beside Loki, the book he'd been reading for a few days in hand. Another book in his hand. Elektra was sprawled upside down on the couch a headphone in her ear, her legs crossed over on the headrest. The one piece leopard pajamas with the hood were adorable on her.
Loki was sitting there as always. Legs crossed and a book in hand. Cups of tea on the coffee table.
"Switch," Elektra said.
"Already done?" He asked as he looked up from the book.
"Yep," she said and opened her palm while handing him his book. He sighed and they switched the books. And they returned to reading. Natasha leaned on the doorway and watched them. Elektra rose her legs and let out a muffled 'oooft', as her balance failed. Loki looked up from his book to eye her judgementally. The girl just shrugged and got up from the floor. She sat besaide him with crossed legs. She took a sip from her mug and leaned on the headrest. Loki returned to his book, while rolling his eyes.
Few minutes passed and neither of them moved.
Deciding to make herself known Natasha cleared her throat and entered the common room.
"Good morning, Mrs. Romanoff," the girl said coolly, without looking up from her book.
"Good morning, Elektra, Loki," the spy acknowledged while going to the fridge. "Do you want eggs?" She asked Elektra.
"No, thanks, Mrs. Romanoff. I'll have some fruit," she said coolly. Such a contrast to her brother. Elektra shot her a grateful smile to ket her know she appreciated the offer.

It didn't escape Elektra's notice she didn't ask Loki.
"Hey? You want some fruit?" She asked the tall god next to her as she stood up and skipped over to the kitchen. "I've got croissants too, or are you a pretzel person?"
"Pretzels, thank you, Elektra," he said casually and returned to his book, but he nodded his appreciation.
Elektra took a knife and twirled it expertly in her hand as she picked through the fridge to look for fruit. She took apples and avocados. There was a mango sitting in the fruit bowl. She took the mango and the other fruits. She took some strawberries and cleaned them. She cut the fruits swiftly. The precision and speed of her cutting left a lot of time for decoration. She took the cut up fruits and rowed them on the plates. She took the blueberries and sprinkled them on too. She took pretzels and lined them neatly on his plate. And she took her small croissants and leaned them on the edge so they don't touch the fruit and become soggy. She took the oranges and peeled them in matter of seconds with her knife.
She took the others and made orange juice. She put a little lemon juice, too. The two plates were ready in twenty minutes and she exited the kitchen with her two plates on one hand and  the two glasses in the other. Small bowls with jam. Two butter knives on each plate.
"Here," she handed Loki the palte and put her own on the coffee table.
And they returned to their books.

Natasha was surprised she showed with a knife. The speed and precision of her cutting were as good as Bucky's. The unbalanced kitchen knife in her hand was a deadly weapon. Natasha saw the training in her. The muscles on her back and arms. Slight lightness in her step as she walked quietly.

The chatter was coming flowing through the common room.
"Just saying, if I had the super soldier serum in me I would be running circles around the two of you," Sam's voice.
"Yeah, right," Bucky shot back.
"Mhm," Steve hummed.
A phone rang and Elektra jumped to the table. She startled the soldiers when she whizzed past them.
"Hey, Logan," she said into the phone.
"Yeah, got home yesterday. Yes, safely. Overbearing mother hen," she murmured under her breath. "Yes, I know he can hear me, Peter. Everything is good here. Met a few gods and spies and assassins. Nothing out of the ordinary," she said into the phone. "Peter? Shut up. How's Xavier? Sad? Really? Hm. Thought he'd be happy not to have someone to read his mind," the girl said. "Really? He misses me? Dang! Oh! That's just plain rude! I do not annoy him. I annoy him mildly," she said jovially. "You can hear me grinning like a hellion? You have some good ears there, Wolverine. Use it for something useful. Like listening to advice when I say to go on a date. I know you hate me. I love you, too. Yes, I will keep training," Elektra said exasperatedly. "Mother hen. Yes, I am still aware he can hear me, Peter. Right, goodbye. Wear the shirt we bought when we were in the mall," she said and ended the call.
"Logan?" Peter Parker asked from the door.
"Yeah. College?" She sneered.
"Yeah," he said coldly. "It's not fair! How come you don't have to go?"
"Well," Tony Stark that appeared for coffee, "May-"
"Oh, no! Absolutely not! I finished my studies!"
"It's just mechanical-"
"Mechanical engineering, no. No. I already finished that."
"Yeah, I have no say in this. Even Xavier proposed that it would be good for you, a little socialising,"
Elektra clenched her fist and cursed under her breath in another language. Loki's head snapped up at the curse. He looked surprised, horrified and proud, all at once. His eyebrows rose in a questioning manner.
Her head snapped up to look at Loki. "What?" She asked.
"Where did you learn that?" He asked.
"It's old Norse. The amount of curses there are in that language is astronomical," she said conspirationally.
Loki smirked and nodded.
"What?" She asked again, incredolously.
"It was an Asgardian curse," he explained and smirked at the horror that washed over the Avengers' faces. Elektra's eyes went wide, "You HAVE to teach me!" She girnned devilishly.
"All in due time," he answered and she grinned at him.
"Kay," she said and nodded to the horrified Tony, "I'll go to college,"
"Am I supposed to say language?" Steve asked Bucky who was staring at the scene unfolding before them. He didn't meet Elektra. So seeing a teen in their living room, dressed into one piece pajamas with snow leopard dots, that talked to the God of Mischief like he was a friend. Well, he isn't bad, right now, but he's terrifying even to Bucky. With his icy glares and cold eyes. He's pretty scary. Peter leaned over to Bucky, "She's Gen Z like me, mr. Barnes, she has no regard for her own safety," he explained.
"I don't understand, but okay," he said and walked to the kitchen.
"Am I supposed to go now?" Elektra asked with raised eyebrows.
"Yeah, chop, chop kid. Happy's driving you to Midtown tech,"

So here she was, once again in college. And she made a new friend of a God of Mischief.
All in all, it was a good day.