At Last

Tom's POV
I looked over at the head table from the table that my family and I were sitting at. She looked gorgeous. Her blonde hair sat above her shoulders which showed off her neck and her collarbone. The light pink, strapless dress clutched her curves and made her skin look even more tan. Her smile was big and white and beautiful.

"Mate," Harrison snapped his fingers in frot of me and I sat up, looking away from her.
"You need to stop looking at your ex and get over her." He said.

"Well, it's pretty hard to do that when shes less than 50 feet away from me in a dress, looking gorgeous." I said.

"Tom, you can do a lot better than her. Trust me. It wasn't meant to be. There is nothing wrong with that! Just get over her." He said. "You know what, I didn't think of that before." I said sarcastically. I looked back and she wasn't there.

"Hello everyone!" I looked at the stage and she was clutching the microphone and her phone. "Hope everyone's having a great night! I'm Liv and I'm the maid of honour!" She said happily. God she was always so happy. I loved that about her.

"I've known Taylor for a very long time and any guy she introduced me to, I was always skeptical and I never really liked any of them," She giggled and everyone laughed.
"But when she introduced me to Hunter, I knew that they were meant for each other. I actually liked a guy she was dating! Anyway, time went on and I watched their love blossom and when asked if I'd go ring shopping with Hunter I was very excited." She smiled.

"We searched around 7 different ring shops. He must have liked about 100 by then but I didn't like any. Then Hunter got fed up of me and chucked me out of the 7th store. I waited and waited and soon enough he came outside with a ring. I immidiately grabbed the box and looked at it and I adored it. Then the next day, I got a call from Hunter. I picked up and instead of hearing happiness and joy, I heard panic...Taylor had fainted in the restauraunt when Hunter proposed." Everyone laughed. "But, we all rushed to hospital and when Taylor started to wake up, the first thing she said was, 'yes' repeatedly. And I'll never forget that moment. 4 months on and no sleep for me, we planned this wedding and I am so happy to be a part of your journey." She paused and looked over at me briefly.

"Your love is everything I hope I have one day. And I'm so happy to have you as a role model." Fuck this. I silently put my napkin on the table and grabbed my suit jacket and quietly slipped out of the room. I cannot take anymore of this shit. I heard music start playing inside and I leaned against the wall next to the sign that said Hunter and Taylor's names.

"Tom?" Liv's voice came from behind me.
"Hi." I said awkwardly.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"I'm fine. I just needed some air." I said. "Okay...well...have a good night." She said and paused for a second before going back into the room.
"Fuck." I laid my head against the wall.
"At last! My love has come along. My lonely days are over and life is like a song!" I heard a voice somewhere singing. Whoever it was must be like famous or something. I followed the voice through the resort, passing about 3 other weddings. Then I saw a sign.

The Anna Porter and William Johnstone Wedding

I peeked into the large room. It was the same size but it was set up differently. The stage was at the back in the middle and I could see a woman standing, singing into the microphone. My mouth dropped when I looked at her. Her hair was red and wavy and it flowed past her shoulders and her eyes were green and big and smoky.
Her lips were plump and red and her red fingers traced along the microphone stand as she sang.
Her tan legs poked out from the slit in her black dress and she looked like someoen from the Golden Age.
Her voice was sexy and smooth and I had never heard anything so beautiful. She didn't seem to have a French accent but I couldn't tell if she was American or British. I hid back behind the wall so no one would see me.

"Tom!" Haz shouted at me. I walked up to him. "There is the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen in that room singing." I said immidiately. Haz's face lit up and he peeked around the wall.

"Holy shit!" He whispered.
"I know!" I laughed.
"Are you going to talk to her?" He asked.
"I can't, I'd be gate crashing." I said.
"And? Go for it!" He said.
"Haz I'd get kicked out if anyone found out." "Shit. Well, if it's meant to be then you'll find each other." He smirked.
"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and looked at her one last time.
"And here we are in heaven. For you are mine, at last!" She sang and held the last note.
They finished and the couple dancing in the middle of the floor turned and clapped. They looked kind of awkward. The woman smiled with her beautiful lips and the pianist started playing something random while she got a drink.

"Mate we should go back." Haz said. I sighed, "Yeah, probably." I said and I turned the other way and walked with Haz back to the wedding we were actually invited to.

"Everyone come up for a dance! Girls, go pick a guy to dance with!" Taylor said into the microphone. Haz and I sat back at the table. Mum and Dad went up to dance and Sam and Elysia got up too. The rest of us just sat depressingly.

"Tom, do you want to dance?" I looked behind me and Liv was there.
"Uh, sure." I said and got up. I took her hand and we went to the dance floor. 'Just the way you are' by Billy Joel came on and everyone was swaying to the music.
"So, I just wanted to say that I uh..." She started awkwardly, not looking at me even though we were the same height.
"I'm still in love with you." She said. I stopped. "What?" I asked. She still loved me? Why the hell did she break up with me then?
"But we can't be together. I am not a public person and your life is literally so public!" She said. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I took my hands out of hers.

"If this was flipped and you were in the public eye, I'd be with you no matter what because I loved you. And because I wanted to be with you." I said.

"You said that in past tense, Tom." She said quietly.
I shook my head, "If you won't stay with me because I'm in the public eye or whatever, then you don't love me. You're just saying that you do." I scoffed and rubbed my face.

"We're done. I'm done with this." I started walking through the masses of people slow dancing until I got back to the table.
"I'm leaving. Don't come after me. I need to be alone." I said firmly to the boys and grabbed my stuff then left.