Chapter Two

Soon after the meeting with the Justice League, the Titans found themselves in one of their own. The group of teenage superheroes looked toward their own three pillars, Bumblebee, Nightwing and Starfire. The most experienced Titans. Their mentors. They would lead them to victory.

However, though The Titans were young, they weren't stupid. How would the eleven of them be able to defend the entire Earth? They would need help.

The three leaders asked everyone to think back on their own, personal connections. Beast Boy had started with the Doom Patrol before coming to the Titans. Nightwing trained with Batman and had the extended Bat-Family. Connor could potentially call on Supergirl. Donna, though their relationship was rocky at the best of times, still had links to the Amazons.

"Raven, is there anyone you know that could help? Anyone we haven't already mentioned?"

She had been silent as she felt all eyes on her. Everyone that she had relied on before coming to the Titans had perished with the destruction of Azarath. The half-demon took a moment to think. Yes, she knew several magic users from Justice League Dark, but they're already involved with The League. Was there no one else? Her amethyst eyes dropped to the ground catching her reflection in the glossy floor.

A memory of eyes identical to hers came to mind. There could be one person. It had been years since they last spoke, it would be almost impossible to track him down. He might not even be alive anymore. If she succeeded, could ask him to join a war after all this time? Should she? Who's to say he would even answer the call? Given the circumstances, she didn't have a choice; she had to try.

Looking into Nightwing's eyes and taking a deep breath, she spoke. "I could reach out to Tempest."

"Who!?" Several voices and eyes bombarded her.

"He's Atlantean, kind of," she explained. "He works with Aquaman sometimes, so it's more than likely he already knows about the War." As kids, he would be so eager to battle his classmates and prove himself to Atlantis and earn his place in their society. He would continually get caught fighting, but, he would never start an altercation, he ended them. The slightest of smiles curled its way on her lips as she turned her attention back to her team leader. "He's probably just waiting for an invitation."

A smirk made its way onto Nightwing's face. If Raven trusted them, so would he. "Then let's give him one."

"Dude!" Beast Boys voice was full of admiration and surprise. "You know an Atlantean!? That is so tight! We've got this war in the bag!" His point emphasised with a mimed slam dunk.

Damien raised an eyebrow at his female companion, wondering when she had met this amphibious being? She'd never mentioned knowing the sea-people before. After two years on the team, she was still managing to surprise him. Whether or not that was a feature of their friendship that he enjoyed, he had yet to decide. He hated surprises. In his experience 'surprises' quite often tried to kill him.

"Could we not call it a war?" Jaime questioned timidly. He stood just a little off to the side from everyone dressed in his blue suit.

"What else would you call it?" challenged Robin. "It's what it is. Why call it something it's not?"

"Because we're not soldiers!" Jaime glared at the Assassin. "I didn't join this team to fight wars! I left my home so I could learn to control my powers and use them for good!"

Damien scoffed. "The fight between good and evil is a war within itself. One that you've been taking part in since you stepped through those doors!"

"Damien that's enough!" Nightwing stepped between the adolescent boys, aiming to defuse their verbal conflict before it became physical. It wouldn't have been the first time.