-49-

Taehyung's POV

I sighed looking at the comments. I was scrolling through social medias for hours already. It keeps on bugging me and I think I can't keep it already. I don't want to keep on hurting her. She suffered so much already and I think I cannot keep the act anymore.

I frustratingly messed my hair as I put my phone above my pillow. Tired, I walked to Jungkook's room and knocked on his door. It took seconds before he opened his door.

"It's midnight already, what is it-" I cut his words off by entering his room. He was shocked for a moment but he immediately closed the door and followed me.

"I am tired, Jungkook." I said sternly. His expression changed when he heard my statement. "I can't make lies to her anymore. My words are already messed up when I'm talking to her."

"It's for her sake." He replied blatantly.

"It is for her sake yet it cuts her deeper. Every lies that I said hurts her. And I really can't keep up with that." 

"What is your point now?" I clenched my fist when he just eyed me plainly. Can't he get my point? Or he is just that dumb?!

"Jeon-"

"Look, hyung. I am doing this for her. She is a rising artist and she didn't work hard just to set aside every tears and sweats just for this relationship. And it was so hard to convince Lisa for this but she also made the decision for her bestfriend. We're all protecting her. It's not just you or her hurting here. Lisa received threats from sasaengs everyday but she endured it for her. And I am keeping myself from hurting and saying something to you just because I'm jealous with what you have right now with her. I'm keeping inside everything that I want to say. In short words, I'm also tired with this act and i'm hurting."

"I love her still. I know you noticed that. Sorry for lying to you. I just said that I don't love her anymore for you to protect her because I know you like her. Sorry for bringing you into this mess." He whispered as he looked down.

"And I am really trying hard to bury those feelings for her because I know.  I'm not that dumb, Kook. I know you still like her. You will not push those things if you're not." I sat down on his chair to ease the tension.

"And she do too. We can't hide everything to her Kook. Time will come that you need to tell her everything."

"I know. But I don't know the aftermath of all of this. I can't think clearly. It's like my mind is always clouded. To the point that I immediately said yes to the project proposal when I heard her name. Which in-fact it will just make everything harder. I don't know anymore hyung." I sighed. Jungkook doesn't deserve to suffer as well but he chose this.

"I can't promise you that I'm going to continue the act." I stood up from the seat as I walked towards the door. "But don't overthink it. We're still brothers here so I'll still do everything that I can do just for the both of you. Goodnight Kook." I left his room and went back to mine. I guess I need more days for this. My phone buzzed so I took it.

From JK
Thank you so much hyung
And congrats to your successful debut.
I'm very grateful to everything you did for me but please don't tell her yet.
Goodnight hyung.

I turned off my phone as I let out a contented sigh. Atleast I can sleep now.

~

⭐️⭐️⭐️