Eiplogue

"This year has taught me many things. How to solve a murder, help rebuild a boarding house, pass my exams while doing both." I smile, "But most importantly, how to be a good friend. If Oakwood has taught me anything, it's to be loyal to those around you and cherish the ones you love. Because they are the ones which change your life in the craziest of ways." I step down off the podium as the crowd applauses. Chloe and Jackie smile encouragingly from their seats in the first row.

Many things have happened since Mia held a gun to our heads. The court declared guilty and she was sent to a woman's prison for a minimum of twelve years. Chloe was allowed to sit the exams she missed. We all helped paint and revive our boarding house which was only really damaged in our dorm. Luckily, they were able to retrieve Mia's journal and blood stained clothes, however, the Mr Miller shrine was gone forever. Now only a patch of spilled ink in my memories.

Today is the end-of-year assembly and I won Dux. Chloe got a swim scholarship at the University of Cambridge in the UK, Jackie decided to stay here and explore her music options, and I received a full scholarship to Harvard.

It terrifies me knowing we are all splitting up next summer, but I know that everything we went through this year will keep us together forever.