Follow

"For the good news, it's clear to me that (Y/N) has definitely been cursed," Selena noticed the confused gazes directed at her though she thoroughly explains further on," I can sense some strange magic circulating around her body. Meaning that her memories aren't lost and could just be hidden within her. And that this mysterious energy is what's suppressing her memories. As for her sickness, she could just be born with poor health, I'm not really quite sure yet."

"At least now we know that there must be a way to fix it..And the bad news?" Fabian asked.

"The bad news is that we don't have the key to unlock this sorcery. Another point to add is this type of spell is not a common practise amongst us magic users. It would be easier to completely wipe out someone's memories than to keep them hidden. It becomes less of a tedious task if it were the latter."

The whole room went silent before the woman spoke up again.

"We're dealing with some high level magic. It makes me wonder who or what in the world could ever create such a complicated spell?" Selena pondered, eyes never leaving (Y/N)'s form, before searching through her shelf of books. "I swear witchcraft is taken too lightly these days, curses are becoming too common. Poor humans, they're usually experimented on."

"Well, about the key.. would this be of any help?" Jem spoke up, his left hand held a small pouch which (Y/N) found to be quite familiar.

"That's mine! I can't believe I've forgotten all about it," (Y/N) mentally scolded herself though she halted at a sudden realization,"An envelope came with it. Do you also have it Jem?"

Jem didn't seem to know what the girl was on about as he furrowed his eyebrows questioningly.

"As far as I can remember, you were only holding this tiny thing," Jem answered waving around the pouch in his grasp. He tried to recall if he ever saw anything else but found nothing.

"Give it here. Let me see if I can work with that," Selena caught the object as Jem threw it swiftly at her direction

"Maybe the envelope somehow slipped from your grasp, and got barbecued by the fire," Zeref pointed out as he sits on Selena's a wooden office desk.

"Or someone stole it," Rowan yawned.

"If someone stole it then why? And even if they did, surely they would notice the parcel in (Y/N)'s hands as well?" Fabian noted. He was beggining to get really curious and was just as desperate for an answer as everyone else in the room was.

"Maybe they were only interested in whatever was in the letter," the youngest of the boys, Rowan grew agitated.

What could possibly be written in it that they'd leave the small parcel as well as (Y/N)'s unconscious body untouched, he thought.

He was curious at first, though as of now, he'd rather leave this whole thing alone. There was a famous saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' and he was well aware this could be the case. He didn't want to mess with the wrong things and would prefer to stay alive if (Y/N) were actually any threat to them.

"That's not impossible," Selena held a beautiful stone between her thumb and her index finger, with the brown pouch discarded on the floorboards. It looked to be an opal stone that held the galaxy inside.

"This rock doesn't seem to hold anything special inside. It's as empty as a shell. I don't sense any mana stored in any part of this thing. It's practically useless," Selena's voice was one that showed a hint if disappointment as she returned the stone to its rightful owner, (Y/N), who gladly accepted it.

It felt smooth and so perfect in her hands. She swore she almost saw it glow but could be perhaps her eyesight playing games with her.

"Why are we even partaking in this? It's not even our problem at this point. For all we know, she could be someome dangerous. She is after all cursed for a reason and I've heard enough stories to rather find out why," Rowan groaned, putting his hands on the back if his head," I wouldn't be surprised if we unleashed some sort of goblin goddess, if that were even real."