1. Stef, Tina, Lee and Ryan

They say life is pretty complicated.Well, not for me. As an average high school senior, I'd say that my life was pretty sort-out.Senior Prom was around the corner and I already had a couple tricks up my sleeve.

My boyfriend had already booked a limo,got his tux ready and I was going to wear the dress in which, according to my mom, I looked absolutely adorable in.

Only one thing was left. It was senior year after all. "Ryan"
"Yeah Stef ?"
I wanted to ask him for the room booking details but I couldn't. He sensed my anxiety somehow and like a telepath, extracted the thoughts entering in my head like pop-up notifications. " I have booked a room for us at The Four Strings for prom night ." I scoffed at the cockiness in his tone and pushed him back with my right hand. He shook his head and chuckled, rummaging through the various short skirts until he pulled out a floral one for me to try on. "Go on,try this", he whispered into my ear "I bet your legs would look great in this,but I prefer bare legs." He winked. This cute,idiot,jerk of a boyfriend I had here just winked at me while making an implicit comment.

I quickly tried it on, swift enough not to leave Ryan hanging in the women's store all by himself. A 360 degree turn and seventy-two poses later, I stepped out of the trial room.

"I like this.But as I told you ,I have absolutely 0% closet space."

Okay, not 0% but it's kind of like my closet turned into an iPhone ,  with very less storage space so you have to delete an app in order to install one. In my case, a prolonged visit to the thrift store with my box of retired clothing or clothes that I do not wear often.

"Stephanie, a quarter of your clothes are in my basement cupboard and you own a heck lot of clothes,no doubt. I'm sure you can keep more clothes there in MY cupboard."

For a 17-year-old guy who lived in his parent's basement,he was really keen to share his things. It's like the guy hated being there all on his own.He needed my clothes to remind him of me, for feeling as if I was right there on the couch laying next to him, his head in my lap and legs outstretched in front of him.He needed someone, he needed me,I thought to myself and smiled.

As if on cue, he grabbed my hands and nodded towards the trial rooms " Go change into your clothes, I'm getting this for you. No argues." I heaved a sigh, and nodded in agreement, but not before saying " Aye Sir!", to which he grinned.

These guys. All you have to do is say Daddy or Sir or something like that and they'll grin like an idiot.
————————————————————————————————————————————————
"The shopping yesterday afternoon was,um, fun", I narrated to my best friend, Tina Jain, whom I had met during the summer of  my first year at Soaring Eagles High School. Her house was not far from mine, just a couple blocks away and it fell on my route to school.

She wasn't over at my house like normal weekends because she had to attend her cousin's marriage in Manchester. It was half past six here in Saskatchewan. She had started the Skype call at 5 ! I had completely lost track of time. People you care about do that to you. They're greater than time. They stick with you through thick or thin.

After about an hour or so of talking to Tina, my  iPhone started getting flooded with messages.
They all turned out to be notifications from the Senior Prom Organising Committee students, or as they like to call it, the SPOCS.

The only other message I had received was from Lee, another classmate of mine who was also my best friend alongside Tina. Lee was from Asia, and had Malaysian decent but he was born in Canada, while Tina was Indian and had moved to Canada due to her mother's work transfer.

Ryan was okay with me being friends with Lee. I mean, why wouldn't he be? Lee was like a brother to me, ever since seventh grade, when I first met him. Moreover, Ryan confided in me, and I respected that more than anything.

Leezard :
Hey, wassup?

Me:
Nothing much. Wbu?

Leezard:
The guy I liked ...Bennett, asked me out.

So yeah. Lee is bisexual. He came clean to his parents last year in eleventh grade but they didn't mind. In fact, they supported him. He told it to me and Tina in the beginning of grade ten. Then he told this to Ryan at his house party in the beginning of grade 11 when he accidentally caught Lee totally checking out a guy.

Me:
Woah! Good for you. When's the first date?

Leezard:
Day after tomorrow. He's taking me to the aquarium he works at.

Me:
Keep me posted. Enjoy on your first date!!!

Leezard:
Sure. TTYL. Bye.

Me:
Byeeeee

I pushed myself off my bed,pocketed my phone and started attempting the assignments that were due this week. With a buttload of coffee,chewing gum  and bagels, I was certain to submit all assignments on time.

__________________________

Author's Note:

Hey fellow readers!!!
Since this is my very first book, I'd like you all to leave feedback in the form of comments. If you like the story, please vote for it and ask your friends to read it too. Any suggestions are entertained.Keep reading.I'll write more whenever I can. The next chapter is longer than this one 😊.
Yours truly,
JJ

(Instagram:  j.jindal88)