5. day before prom

We were back to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Of course, that's the place I call home, where else would I go? I opened the door to my house with Ryan hot on my trail. Ryan was dropping me off so I thought he'd rather accompany me into the house because firstly, mom was out on her business trip to USA. Secondly, dad was at Uncle Jeff's place in Moose Jaw. Lastly, we were drained.

I set my bag next to the sofa, and removed my shoes. Ryan did the same. "Let's order chicken tikka from Tina's favourite Indian restaurant." Ryan was hungry. Really hungry. He never orders from that restaurant but it was the only option now because it has the fastest doorstep delivery service. "Alright", I spoke as if I was doubting his choice.Ryan nodded,"Okay then."

——————————————————————

After the food arrived, we practically wolfed it down in less than two minutes. It was full of flavour, or as Tina calls it, 'Masala'. Masala actually means spices. Tina's mom puts loads of spices in her curry. Tina once told me that her religion, Jainism, forbids her from eating meat. Thereafter, she's vegetarian.

Ryan, with his head on my lap was laying down on the couch. We had changed into sweats, our typical lounging clothes. He had a pair of sweats here, just in case. I moved my hand from the couch to his neck and started rubbing his skin gently in circles. This provided relaxation to him, like all the stress had just been relieved. "Babe, a little lower please." Ryan looked at me with his puppy eyes. "Okay!" I started rubbing at the base of the back of his neck and he shifted on the sofa. Then, he stood up and sat down on the carpet, pulling my hand so that I could sit next to him.

For quite a few seconds, with my head in the crook of his neck, I gave him a butterfly kiss on his cheek. Then he turned to look at me, music playing from his iPhone. We glared at each other for a minute and before I blinked, He grabbed my waist and gave me a minute-long French kiss. He sucked on my bottom lip, showing interest and released, regaining his breath. "Ryan, baby, hold it for tomorrow,would you?" Hell, he was eager now.

He grinned and removed his hands from my waist. "Wait, what did you just call me?" Baby. Now with him grinning, he actually looked like one. I wasn't going to feed his ego so I said, "I don't know. I think I called you a baby. Look at yourself, you're smiling like one." He winked at me and said, "If you say so, baby." He smirked.
I knew that smirk. It was really hot from my perspective, but duh, I wasn't going to admit it. He'd go nuts! He always did this whenever I complimented him. The smirks, the grins, the running a hand in his hair. This truly made Ryan who he is after he gets compliments. He's cliche but he's mine.

I scoffed. "Okay now Mr. Robbin'hearts , can we atleast watch a movie?"
"It's your home, your rules."
"Oh really?" I held my interlocked hands up to my chest dramatically.
"Yeah, baby", he mocked.
"Just leave it alone, it was one time!"
" As you wish, baby"
"Oh, come on!" I hit him on the right bicep.
"F*ck that really hurt, control baby"
"Yeah,you deserve another one", I hit him again.
"Stop. Jesus!", he yelled in pain.
"Only when you stop mocking me." Again.
"God, you're so annoying"
"Look who's talking"
"Hey!", he was extremely annoyed.
"Hey!", I spoke in a tone which reflected cheer and waved at him for special visual aid.

Ryan shook his head in disbelief and laughed. Then I took the TV remote from the drawer of the TV stand and switched it on. I scrolled through the different movies available on Netflix. Ryan stood up. "Where are you going?"
"I'll be in the kitchen popping some corn for my baby", the puppy eyes were back again. I chuckled and clicked on the comedy genre.

There were plenty good films out there. Ones that related to the adversities of high school, documentaries, love stories, books-turned-movies and spine-chilling scary ones. Tina loves drama and sci-fi whereas Lee's all about crime and thrillers. I love comedy movies and Ryan is ,well, sort of an all rounder. He'd watch any movie but only as long as there's popcorn or nachos on the side.

I clicked on the play button as Ryan walked into the living room with two bowls of popcorn. "Here." He put my bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table. I propped my feet up on the coffee table and took the popcorn bowl in my hands. "Thanks".

"Presenting- To All The Boys I've Loved before."
"Stef, you really wanna watch that?"
"Yeah, you got a problem with that?"
"It's just, Aah, never mind. I'll watch it."
"Okay!" I pressed play.

Oh mon dieu! Noah Centineo was damn good. Aside from being adorable he was also great at acting. The scar on his left cheek was cute too. I had read an article on it once, Noah said that he was attacked by his Mastiff, which are generally a very laid-back breed.

Distracting me from my thoughts, Ryan shook his hand in front of me. "Are you okay?" Ryan asked. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I assured him that I was just wondering about Noah's scar. "I never noticed it until now. Stef, he's not taking away your Ryan time, is he?" I made sure to hit him gently, this time on his chest, slightly pushing him back. "You wish." He laughed along with me.

It felt so perfect in this moment. Then it hit me. "Ryan. It's prom tomorrow. What time will you pick me up?" I was serious, he wasn't. About being punctual, that is. "Chill Stef. I'll get you a bouquet of white roses because you love 'em and the limo will be standing outside your house at exactly 6:30." Phew, now that that was confirmed, I went back to resting my head in the crook of his neck and watching the movie with my feet propped up on the coffee table. Of course, we would definitely win Prom King and Queen. That's nothing to worry about, right?

———————————————————

Author's Note:
Hey fellow readers!
Sorry for updating late. I was trying to put some things into perspective.Glad you are reading it.Please comment and let me know what you think about it although this chapter was kind of like a filler. Keep reading.
Vote,Comment and Share.
Until the next update,
Yours truly,
JJ
(P.S- Idk when I would be updating next but I'll do it ASAP. Hang on till then.)