2. Netfix and Chill

Friday was exhausting. So was Saturday. I had been doing my assignments, biology project and uploading makeup tutorials on YouTube.

I was, admittedly, attracted to all things glamorous. If I was asked to choose a place where I'd like to hangout with Tina, it would most probably be the shopping centre that was situated two streets behind the school. It had all the brands I liked, ranging from Zara and H&M to Gucci and Jimmy Choo. The main reason I liked going there was the two-story MAC outlet, which had, in my view, an epitome of fashion supplies. Ryan had gifted me a 100$ gift card from MAC, so I was still utilising it to the fullest.

" Hey girl, what's up?", Tina spoke up, trying to look flashy, standing at the threshold of my patio. I looked at her neck only to see the glistening neck piece of precious stones stare right back me. Then I looked down at her feet, she was wearing Jimmy Choo. Oh Lord! Take me up if you want to show me scenes right out of a movie or something. Unbelievable! She was wearing an Indian attire. "It's a Sabyasachi saree! Get over it!" If that's what they call a saree, I want it. Atleast one.

I nodded to the inside of my house. She made herself comfortable on my living room couch while I opened the fridge in order to look for something to drink.

"You know, I missed you", I said while making my way back to the living room. "I knew a day would come when you realised you can't live without me", she said with a wink and a hint of a smirk grew on her wheatish face. I nudged her foot so that she could remove her feet from the floor to rest on the couch. A toothy grin was what she received from me.

"Here's your Coke. I know you love it as much as you love me.", I handed her a Diet Coke while sipping on a can of Coke Zero. All she did was a short laugh.

Leezard:
Is she back?

Me:
Yeah. Where are you?

Leezard:
Bennett's. See you in an hour.

Me:
Where?

Leezard:
At your garage. Stay at home!

Me:
OK. Sure.

"Who is that?", Tina asked,propping her head on her hand. "Oh that, yeah. It was Lee. He was asking if you had come back. He also said that he'd be here in an hour." Tina nodded. "What should I wear? I can't stand wearing a saree all day long!", I gestured her to come with me to my room.

"Wait. I'm craving fruits.Do you have pluots?" How can anyone ever crave a fruit? "Plu, what now?" I whipped my head back to look at her, while she was already on her way to the kitchen. After going through all the fruits in the fridge, she held one up for me to look at it. "This. A pluot is an amalgamation of an apricot and a plum." I hummed in response.

————————————————————————

"Lee!", Tina ran off to hug him. He was dressed in decent sweats with Skechers. Nevertheless, he hugged her back. I stood there, wondering what in the world came over them.

"Hey! Don't be a party pooper. C'mere." Lee gestured for me to come. " Party pooper? What are you? Five?" He and I scoffed at the same time which made all three of us laugh at the same time.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I walked over to them and hugged my friends as if we were meeting after a very long time. "God! Woman you are squeezing the hell out of me!", Lee shouted. I let go of them, followed by Tina.