Proof

"NO." shouted Rowena profusely sweating and breathless. 

The invitees quickly turned their head so as to see the daring lady. Rowena was feeling anxious and her heart was beating terribly fast. A church full of people had their curious eyes set on her. 'You can do this. You have to do this Rowena. For Mariposa. She cannot be tied to that cheating scoundrel.' She reassured herself.  

"This wedding cannot take place." She said with confidence then exhaled the breath she had been holding which could've nearly choked her. The crowd gasps and shocked comments amongst themselves were loud enough for her to hear.

'Who is this girl?'

'A mistress?'

'Such a shame.'

She fixed her eyes on her bestfriend as she approached the altar. She could see her friend wearing a white long princess styled dress. The dress was very pretty, it sparkled and had a lot of lace work on it. Mariposa also had a veil covering her face. Rowena could tell that the only person who was unaffected by her sudden outburst was the priest. He must surely be familiar with those kind of interruptions she thought.

"Rowena dear, why such words?" Inquired Alda, her brows showing disapproval in a frown.

"What do you mean, Rowena?" Also inquired the bride.

"Ca.. can we talk in private. Please? I...I don't want to cause a scene here."

"No. I think everyone should know why you are stopping this wedding from taking place miss?" Said the angry groom while Mariposa nodded her head to affirm her future husband's words. That motherfucker dares to act as if her doesn't know her thought the young lady.

"Your supposedly future husband is not so ideal as you think he is. He cheats on you M." As soon as the words flew out of her mouth, more gasps and whispers were heard by the audience. It was absolute chaos.

"Are you out of your mind. She is obviously lying" Defended Esteban while Mariposa was still confused about this accusation.

"YOU." By now she was next to the man her finger in his face menacingly.

"Don't you dare throw an act here. You have been CHEATING my best friend here for I don't know how many years. YOU are DISGUSTING . "

"Ro. How can you say that?"

"M ,I know that because we had sex." Said the young lady while whispering the last word and using her hand as a shield.

"I never had SEX with you." He deadpanned. There goes trying to be private though Rowena whose cheeks were now in the same color shade of beetroot.

"We did." She affirmed.

"Did not." He panicked

"We did"

"DID NOT"

"WE DID."

"DI.."

"Okay stop this nonsense both of you." Interrupted the bride.

Rowena took the bride's hand in hers."I fucked your fiancé M. I didn't know it was him, I swear." That man was obviously lying and Rowena was throwing eye daggers at him.

"You must be crazy. I don't even know you." The young groom was furious. He tried to protest again but the angry woman snatched that opportunity from him.

"Stop acting as if you don't know me when we had crazy nasty sex at the hotel room in Paris two days ago." She shouted forgetting about her surroundings. She purely outraged to by this liar standing front of her. At that point she was fuming.That man was a piece of shit.

'That piece of shit gave you amazing orgasms, Rowena.' Taunted her conscience.

'Does that mean that he slapped my ass just like he does to M?'

'Rowena FOCUS'  She mentally scolded her wondering self.

"Room 131. Hotel Ritz Carlzon. Ring a bell? Now don't tell me that you were too damn drunk to remember sweetie."

'Did I just blurted that I had had amazing sex with him in front of hundreds of people?'

'It's nothing Rowena. Focus on the situation. It's for M.'  

"Ebby you are not a virgin like me?" Whispered the bride but everyone heard that.

"MARIPOSA!." He scolded as his hands went to his face to cover the suppsedly shame he felt.

"I have proof M." And by proof she didn't mean the love bites which were displayed all over her body but a video of her and Esteban doing vodka shots as well as Esteban's chest marks.

"M if you don't trust me,..." taking in a sharp intake of air she continued her phrase.

"Tell him to unbutton his shirt. He has nail scratches on his chest." She said in a small voice. She felt so uncomfortable right now. For the love of god her parents might be in this church. She would fly back tonight itself she was too damn mortified to go back home.

"Ebby? Is that true?"

"Baby. I will never cheat on you! Why would you believe that girl? Look at her clothes! Who would come outside wearing SpongeBob pajamas and elephant head slippers?  "He said and Rowena growled at his words while reminiscing this morning.

Rowena came home directly from the airport at around seven in the morning. She had decided to take a nap due to the flight's fatigue .The ceremony was at eleven o'clock meaning that she would sleep for about two hours then get ready to head to church. She remembered her mom waking her to tell her about a dress sent by M for her to wear which was kept in a box on the dining table. Her parents had left earlier along with Alda to help and Rowena had told them that she would later just like the other guests. She woke up about one hour prior to the ceremony, her alarm clock did not wake her at the right time. It was the fortunate phone calls of her employee who woke her up. She had rush to the bathroom to brush, then she rushed downstairs to collect the dress on the dining table where she saw Mariposa's wedding invitation with a picture of her and her fiancé. 

She put all her focus on the man in the picture and made an attempt to widen her eyes more as if this would make her see better or instead another person in the groom's place. Was this yesterday's alcohol? Was she still drunk? It was just a glass of champagne though. This could not be him? Could it? She had sat down in shock and took several minutes to come out of it. There had absolutely no time to get dressed. She took her father's car keys and rushed in fear that her bestfriend could marry this hypocrite if she did not made it on time. 

"So you will have no troubles showing your chest, would you?" She challenged.

"Let me see Ebby." Said M.

"Yeah, show her Ebby." She said with squinted eyes.

"What? Baby you have to trust me. Moreover I was in Texas itself. And the only scratch marks I have are yours remember th.."

"Oh stop lying! Here, watch this." She said while scrolling through her mobile phone showing her friend the video.

Meanwhile her eyes landed on a man. A man who was , familiar, similar and absolutely identical to none other than Alessandro Esteban Fruitier. 

______

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU TOOK A LITTLE OF YOUR TIME TO EXPRESS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER.

THANK YOU.

LOVE

         A