Chapter 4

Santana sat at a desk silently staring at a pencil cup as Caitlin inspected Barry and Wells and Cisco went through their readings

Santana sat at a desk silently staring at a pencil cup as Caitlin inspected Barry and Wells and Cisco went through their readings. She couldn't understand what had happened when she was running. What had she seen? What was it?

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture," Caitlin explained to Barry as she showed him the X-ray of his hand. The speedster's eyebrows drew together in confusion as he stared at the picture, inspecting it slowly. It showed exactly what she had told him. A small chip and crack in the bone was highlighted, showing the fracture, but that wasn't the part that bemused him.

"Had?" he questioned, looking from the X-ray to the doctor in front of him.

Santana nodded, her gaze hadn't moved from the pencil cup though, "It healed."

"In three hours!" Cisco added on happily. He found nothing but joy in the entire situation. The fact that Barry was superhuman did nothing but bring him happiness.

Barry's eyes fell upon each of the scientists, dwelling on the newest for a only second longer. He himself hadn't even realised the action, "How is that even possible?"

"It's not," Caitlin shrugged before adding, "-yet."

The enthusiastic boy chuckled, smirking at Barry, "You need to learn how to stop."

Dr Wells shook his head as he thought over what had happened. He eyed up Santana and Barry and wondered aloud, "What happened out there today?"

Santana snapped out of her daze when the question was asked and looked at Barry it was clear he had suddenly grown very awkward and uncomfortable. It was obvious, in the way he looked away from everyone and rubbed at his wrist. He let out a heavy breath which was definitely another sign of discomfort. Wells noticed this and continued, "You were moving pretty well, something cause you two to lose focus?"

Barry heaved a sigh and glanced up for a few seconds. When he noticed the array of curious and knowing faces, he immediately looked back down. There was no point in keeping secrets from them. Maybe they wouldn't think he was crazy like everyone else he had told.

"I remembered something," the man explained, "When I was eleven-" he let out a dry cough before continuing.

"When I was eleven, my mother was murdered." His face crumpled into an expression of sadness and lost confusion.

Santana pursed her lips. To say she didn't like Barry Allen was an understatement. But losing a parent was something she could empathise with. That heart-wrenching, soul-crushing, unimaginable grief. She knew death. But it was the people who had to live on who had it harder. Santana wouldn't wish the guilt, pain and sadness that came with mourning on anyone.

Barry continued to elaborate, "It was late and a sound woke me up. I came downstairs and I saw what looked like a ball of lightening. Inside the lightening, there was a man. He killed my mom."