Chapter Seven

Team seven and I finally arrived at the village hidden in the mist as we escorted princess Cedany of the river village here in order to sign their yearly peace treaty.

This mission has been a huge pain in my ass. The mist village was not my favorite place to be in, I looked around slowly at the shinobi who were escorting us.

Something felt off about the vibes these ninjas gave off. I hid my suspensions; I couldn't be jumping to any conclusions now. I walked beside Kakashi with Cedany in front of me. I was surveying our surroundings when I spotted something interesting.

On the shinobi's belt who hung off to the side there hung a mask, the colors were a forest green but melted into a dark gray on the bottom. I pulled out my phone and opened a few pictures from the attack on the waterfall village Dawn had sent me a while back. The ninja who attacked the waterfall village all wore that same mask. I could not jump to conclusions and declare war...at least not yet.

Team seven and I were led into a throne room who had an old man sitting on top of it without a care in the world. He appeared to be in a good mood, that is until he spotted me. He darkened his face and his body tensed.

"Uh...sir?" Naruto asked, noticing the glaring between myself and the old bastard.

"Yes?" He smiled looking towards Naruto.

"Do you know Sakura...?"

"You mean the Reaper?" He asked glaring at me. "How could I not? She slaughtered my entire army." Team seven looked over at me shocked.

"Jago you were attacking the Waterfall Village." I cleared up the misunderstanding crossing my arms over my chest. "What did you think was going to happen?"

"You killed every-"

"You wanted a war, you attacked knowing damn well I am the Commander, you knew the stories but still sent your men to die anyway. That is not on me, that's on you." I found myself explaining more to Kakashi than anyone else.

"But you-" Jago tried to cut in, painting me as the monster.

"Yet when the Reapers came knocking on your door, you ran back to the Waterfall Village begging for my help. You are still that fucking coward you were when I first met you." Jago stared me down as he was at a loss for words.

"Why are you here in my village?" He spat.

"I am escorting a princess from the River Village" He scoffed at the village's name. "Anyway, where is your boss?" Team seven looked at me confused, I examined them before turning back to Jago.

"This-" I trailed off trying to figure out the word for him. "-miscreant here was the leader of this village a few years ago. But after he attacked me and nearly killed off his entire army he was impeached from the title, his brother took over." I said looking at him. "Where is Nile?" Jago gave off a sinful grin.

"He is not here, you all were four days late-" Jago explained, "-so he took off on official business. If you wish to wait around for him to return next week, I am sure I can find some room at the animal shelter for you all to wait." I rolled my eyes at the pettiness.

"Where did he go?" I said getting annoyed.

"That is Mist Village business." He spat at me.

"Ok." I said turning towards team seven. "Let's get Cedany back home so I can return you three to the leaf village." I turned and started to walk out the door, taking Cedany's hand in mine as I pulled her out of the room.

"Wh-What? Sakura!" Naruto called after me, Kakashi and Sasuke followed. I did not say anything more as we made our way out of the large building. I saw three more shinobi with that damn mask on our way out, I felt their eyes burning me.