Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to find my two best friends Sophie and Elle.

"Hey guys," I say pulling them in for a hug.

"Hey Liv," they reply hugging me back.

We walk to our lockers which were situated in a glass corridor near the gym.

"So how was your summer break?" I ask the girls.

"Oh my god, Caleb invited me to go on a cruise with him and his family. It was like amazing, I'll show you pictures at lunch," Soph replies.

Elle stares at her feet before looking up and saying, "Bailey finally had the guts to ask me out."

Soph and I stand there edging her on.
"Well?" We ask at the same time.

"I said yes of course but he is being distant. Like we didn't even spend any time together,"

"Oh Ells," I hug her.

The bell rings for class so I grab my books and say my good byes to Soph and Elle. I turn around and bump, more like knock into someone causing me to fall straight on my ass.

"Look where you're going next time!" an agitated voice sounds. I look up and my eyes widen in shock, I stare into black like eyes and realise who I just ran into, the school bad boy Christian Henry.

I grab my book and stand, "I am so sorry," I say with an apologetic smile.

"Whatever, now move!" Christian places a hand on my shoulder and pushes me out of the way.

"Excuse me but I believe it is please move out of the way," I say surprising myself with how much anger I put behind those words.

"Sorry were you talking to me?" He smirks and turns around.

It seems we have drawn a crowd to our 'misunderstanding'.

"No I was talking to some other jerk who doesn't care to use manners,"

My come back triggers chuckles from the crowd.

"Ouch, that cut deep Princess," He places a hand over his heart, turns and starts walking away. Before he stops and turns around.

"Oh, I didn't catch your name?" He asks.

Don't say it Olivia, just walk away.

"It's Olivia," I reply.

"Pretty but I'll keep with Princess," He turns and walks away. Jerk.

Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut.

By lunch I had had enough for the day.

"Hey what's up with you?" Elle asks.

"Yeah you look like a freight train hit you and-"Soph says looking down at her watch, "It's only 12:00.:

"Yeah well, my morning started with an argument and chance meeting with Christian Henry. Then double physics," I close my eyes and place my head in my hands on the table.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and immediately snap my head up causing it to make a cracking noise. Ouch.

"Hey it's only me," a male voice says.

I turn to find my boyfriend Carson. I stare into his lovely blue eyes as he leans down to kiss me. His lips are soft on mine and the kiss is filled with love.

"Hey babe," I say as he takes a seat beside me.

I find myself looking over him just to make sure nothing has changed. Carson still has his soft blonde hair, those undeniable muscles and the way his clothes cling to his body, he is still ripped.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" he asks.

"No I was just admiring how perfect you are," I reply.

"Umm... Hello. We're still here you know your best friends. You don't want me to gag my food back up do you," Soph exaggerates.

"Sorry Sophie, we're just so in love, we got caught in it" Carson chuckles.

Carson's best friend Bailey walks in and towards Elle. He leans down and kisses her.

She pushes up from the table and looks at him right in the eye, "So now that we're back to school, you want something to do with me," She storms off out the cafeteria doors.

Bailey looks at us, "What did I do?"

Poor Bailey if only he knew.

I get up from the table, "I'll go talk to her."

Outside the breeze is chilli and I have to pull my jacket a little tighter to keep the chill out. I scan the grassed area and find Elle sitting underneath a tree. Always Elle, one to always be near nature when she's up set or angry.

I make my way over and sit down beside her, stretching my long legs out.

"I don't want a lecture," Elle looks at me.

"And I'm not going to give you one,"

"Why? I deserve one for what I did back there," She sniffles.

I place an arm around her shoulders and squeeze.

"No you don't, I think what you did back there was quite appropriate," I say.

"But I hurt him,"

"No you didn't, you did what was right,"

She looks at me confused.

I continue on, "He just came up to you and kissed you like you guys had an amazing summer together but he didn't even spend time with you. So you stood your ground and didn't pretend like something happened and everything was ok."

She nod, "Thanks Liv, you're the bestest friend I could ask for."

We both sit in silence before she says, "Mr Bad Boy is staring at you."

I follow her gave to Christian and his friends standing outside the cafeteria doors, staring at me.

"Come on let's get back to the others," I say.

We both stand and dust our butts off before walking back.

"Hey Princess," Christian says as we get to the doors.

"Good bye Jerk," I say about to walk in but a strong tattooed arm blocks my way.

"Move your arm!" I say angrily.

"Now look who's not using manners," He comments. Jerk.

I roll my eyes and throw all the heat I have behind these words, "Please move your arm!"

"I will but I would like you to apologise for this morning and would like to ask if you, a gorgeous girl, to come out on a date with a sexy guy like me," He winks at me.

"I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend so please move your arm and step aside," I say.

He hastily removes his arm from blocking my way and allows me to enter. I quickly turn around and call, "And apology not accepted."

*****

A/N

Hey everyone,

This is my first ever published story. If you see anything wrong with it or have any ideas please let me know.

Fun reading, Kate xx