Chapter Three: The Last Kin

"Stacey!" Distressed, I grabbed her arm to turn herself around me, and so I could get a glimpse of what was happening with all the strangeness she has been showing me since this morning. But, what I saw next was really frightening I never dared say any word.

Stacey's eyes suddenly snapped back, causing me to pull a sharp gasp. The windowpane of her soul are now swollen and bloodshot seemingly unaware of me being there. She seems to not know me anymore. Her mouth moved, saying something I could not even hear of. With that view, she looks like a wild animal hungry for her prey. I stayed absolutely still for a moment

In a split second, my sister finally took her lunge to me, flew to the air, and landed me down on my body. Hovering her, I cried for help thinking anyone would hear my protest. But, I was helpless. My utterance echoed into the air, and slowly hushed when it reached the last space of the room. She extended her jaws once again, a signal that she wanted to peel every single skin I have in my body.

I kicked her abdomen, leading her to wriggle off backwards, which is already an enough reason for me to grab the smallest chance I ever had in my entire life. Still puzzled, I rapidly ran downstairs, and threw myself inside a small room in our house. There was nowhere to go, but I'd better settle for that space than running anywhere knowing that she will catch me. Gasping for breath, I knelt down my feet and shed all the resentments in this world.

What I saw back there was impossible. A wild, caged animal wanted to escape, stuck in a human's body.

There was a sudden thud outside the door. Crap!

I immediately clicked the lock of the door, and fell off my knees once again, and cried.