3/10

- ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴀʀᴍs

It was late at night when you got a text, it wasn't enough to wake you until you received another a couple of minutes later,

'oi'

'are you awake?'

The warmth of you bed was almost enough to lull you back to sleep and the darkness surrounding you almost allowed you to believe you were dreaming or perhaps you only thought you had gotten a text but you really didn't. It didn't make you angry like you thought it would because when the time on your phone read, '12:23am', you were beyond happy because you still had so much sleep ahead of you.

But, reading the time and partially damaging your eyes from the brightness, you saw the notifications from your boyfriend. You wondered what it could be while allowing your eyes to finally adjust to the light and then sloppily opened the text messages just as another was sent.

'I'm outside, come here'

'please'

Your brows furrowed and a sigh left your mouth, sitting up in the bed to assure you didn't accidentally fall back asleep and then you switched the torch on on your phone to lighten up your room so you could guide your way to the front door, yawning as you sloppily found the door handle and slid it carefully to put your slippers on and you close the door behind you, "Baby."

The voice didn't startle you like it would with anyone else, hearing a sudden word in the darkness as it was also the dead of night would scare anyone but the tiredness in his voice calmed you, it guided you to him when you saw him standing in front of your driveway with a blanket over him, Rin lifted his arms out and you could see his black tank top from the mild light of the street light as his eyes cored into yours. You didn't waste a moment to walk into him, feeling his breathing even out as his arms then tightened around you and you didn't speak a word as he did, "Were you sleeping?"

You nodded and opened your mouth to reply before a yawn stopped you, you saw the way his face twisted into one of regret before you shook your head at him, "Let's go... I'm alright."

He nodded, secretly beyond happy that you said to go, you didn't object to going with him at 12:30 in the morning so that he could walk you to his school, you didn't question why he woke you up and took you away from your bed to leave right away and you went with him, he felt so blessed to have you. He didn't know how he managed without you before he met you, "You're okay?"

He heard your soft voice, almost a broken whisper and he didn't hesitate to pull you into him, half carrying your weight as you threatened to fall asleep again despite walking in the middle of the street now, "I.. I just couldn't sleep."

"It wasn't a bad dream or something?" Luckily for both of you, you didn't live that far away from Samezuka Academy and it was an easy trip to get their and back. Despite the building being an all-boy school, many of the students and competitors of the swim team were aware that you'd come in the night to sleep in Rin's dorm. They assisted in keeping it from teachers and Nitori Aiichiro, despite being in the top bunk whilst Rin and yourself slept on the bottom, never had a problem with it as he also knew that his captain had minor sleeping problems. He always kept it to himself and you knew Rin was at least a little bit grateful.

"Nah, I just couldn't sleep." His reply was earnest yet silent, more than a whisper and you noticed the way his steps quickened when finally reaching his school. He hurried you in before him and you walked all the way yet still tucked in the blanket he held around you. He was going faster and breathed out, nudging the top of your head with his nose softly when you opened the door gently and noticed the body on the top bunk of the two.

You stepped in as Rin closed the door, locking it while you went to the bed and crawled on it, softly burying your face in the pillows while bringing your arms and legs closer to your body for heat, the blanket Rin held was then placed on you as he sat next to you, he silently placed the thick blanket on the bed, more of it on your side while you laid next to the wall and he made sure all of your skin was covered. As you breathed in the scent of your boyfriend, you didn't know how elated Rin was at the blurred sight of you relaxing peacefully in his bed as it was so dark. He could just make out the shape of you, almost pulling smile when he lowered himself into he sheets and scooted himself closer to you.

As he sighed in relief, he felt the side of his lips pull up when you practically placed your entire body right into his side as you faced him. He turned himself towards you while you hugged your arm around his muscular waist, his toned arm coming around you as it tightened around you and you kissed the only thing in front of you when your eyes closed.

Your lips met his chest, above his shirt and he reciprocated the action by pointing his lips down so they met your forehead, his lips touched your skin, just blow your hairline and without warning, you leaned up to place a soft and gentle kiss on his lips as he almost didn't have enough time to kiss you back. His arm rubbed your waist to make you warmer and you spoke as your lips strayed on his, breathing softly through your nose when he heard you, felt the light vibrations on his own lips, "Goodnight, Rin."