9/10

- ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴡᴇᴀʀs ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʜɪᴍ

"Rin.." He heard your voice, turning when his eyes met your but that wasn't what caught his attention when you were standing right before him, here only for him, in a pink yukata that had floral patterns, your hair had been done up with a floral hair stick too, done a high bun that brought more attention to your neck and your collarbones. He stared, his mouth slightly agape before feeling heat and his cheeks burned when you smiled at him.

"Ye-yeah.. Hey." His voice was low and slow as well and you couldn't help wondering why he was flustered, hoping it was because of the outfit your mother forced on you as soon as she heard you were going on a date to the summer festival. She was ecstatic and especially when she had seen how flustered and panicked you were about it, she knew you were serious about this boy.

"Shall.. we go?"

Rin walked beside you and it was silent in the crowds of people between the both fo you, his cheeks were only a little pink now and he didn't make eye contact with you but you loved being by his side and you had been looking forward to tonight for so long, absolutely elated when remembering Rin asking you to be his date to the festival. You didn't know what he liked about you but you you were so happy because those feelings were requited by tenfold.

"Oh!"

You stopped and as a result, Rin stopped too, "What's wrong?" He asked simply and you smiled at the sound of his voice, your eyes trained on the stall beside you as it peaked your interest. It was a shooting game, a toy rifle loaded with BB's stood on a stand that had to be aimed at the small stuffed toys on the wall a couple of metres behind the gun. You didn't hesitate, eyeing the prizes when you took some money from your pocket to hand it the man in the stall.

"[Name], are you sure?"

You looked up at him and he was watching you with a raised brow, concern in his eyes when you smiled, "This is my thanks, for taking me here."

He didn't reply, slightly stunned when you took hold of the gun and aimed, your finger on the trigger and you fired.

"Shit!"

Turning around, you were pulled back suddenly when Rin's hand escaped your own as if you had burned him and his eyes were narrowed on his necklace, he held it as it slipped off of his neck when you knew age was catching up with it, nonetheless you couldn't help smiling when he frowned so deeply.

"Baby, I can't believe you still have that.." You sighed, smiling kindly and he refused to make eye contact when he almost looked like he was losing hope, upset that the necklace you got him was no longer useful.

"But.. you got me this on our first date.." His voice was quiet and saddened too, he looked down at the accessory annoyed and you thought of what you could do, "I can buy you another?"

Thinking out loud, Rin looked at you quickly, his eyes wide before going back to normal, "No, it doesn't matter."

He turned away and you huffed, it seemed that he only wanted the one you got him that night from the shooting stall and you thought to yourself when he walked in front of you now, holding the broken necklace in his clenched fist as he moped before you and completely uncaring to the fact that you could see how upset he was about the necklace.

"Rin, give it to me."

"What? No."

You saw him turn to you, answering without hesitation and you huffed again, smiling at his childish behaviour when you grabbed his hand gently, prying his fingers loose to grab the string with the small pendant, "I'll give it to you tomorrow. I'm going to go now, love you." You departed as fast as you kissed him, pecking his cheek and leaving without giving him a moment to retaliate when you took the necklace and escaped.

"Here you go, I hope you like it."

Rin had came to pick you up from school, both of you were walking back to his dorm and he took the necklace as soon as he saw it hanging from a different coloured cord with a small shark pendant hanging from it. He turned around when you took it and unclasped it for him. You put it on and he turned, smiling at your confusion when you couldn't figure out why he liked it so much - why it meant so much to him.

"It's the first gift you got me, before we even started dating."

He pulled you onto his bed, sitting in front of him as he cuddled you, "I was so proud of you when you won it, everyone who watched was so shocked." He chuckled and kissed the back of your head and you smiled, "Every time I look at it I remember you in that pink yukata with your hair done up, you were so freaking gorgeous."

Flustered, you felt your cheeks burning and your cheeks hurt from the smile, "When I know it's on my neck.. I feel like you're with me.. ev-.."

"Rin, now isn't the time to get embarrassed." Scolding him, he repeated himself as he hid his blush in the nape of your neck, "I always feel like you're with me even when you're not. And I love you for it [Name].."